Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry CEO says jumping to Android ‘inappropriate’ right now

Default Blackberry CEO says jumping to Android ‘inappropriate’ right now

It’s way too early for me to make an informed statement on that. It would be very, very premature. Whatever is the right thing for the business, you need to preserve the reason why BlackBerry is around. I think just jumping to an Android without a thought through of why BlackBerry needs to be around and what makes us relevant and all that, before I answer that question, jumping to anything is inappropriate. You’ll find that I’m a little bit more thoughtful from a marketing perspective then to just go somewhere. I’m not that kind of person. I’ve only been on the clock now for almost 24 hours — I think that if I made those statements right now conclusively, somebody should pull me out and shoot me.
    source http://androidcommunity.com/blackber...-now-20131106/

So apparently blackberry is not dead yet.

they are dead... they just dont know that they are zombies
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

I saw a guy make a post on facebook and because it says via blackberry they laugh at him
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

^ how rude of them
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

^^ how rude of them to laugh and not remove him from there friend list.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

We need to start banding anti-blackberry posts from the blackberry section. Especially articles that come from android communities. This is not productive at all. The BB section has more posts than ever other type of phone. Not even to mention windows phone.

I'm guessing that's because Blackberry had it's 5 minutes of fame back then and now that they are dormant then so will the threads in that section.

Unless ofcourse they can somehow come up with something that will wow their loyal and previous customers again.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

jomo Guest

Well as much as bb might be dead to a lot of people I still use it and I've tried the other side many times, back to a good old bold 5 that never let me down yet

Quote Originally Posted by glenfordwilliams View Post
    He was saying that jumping to any conclusions about moving Android is inappropriate. Simply because he is too new to make those statements. He is not saying that moving to Android is not on the table.