Thread: Need help in finding a tablet

pcchick Guest

Default Need help in finding a tablet

saw one on groupon......mach speed and naw go get that.

So I am shopping for one now......looking at tigerdirect....help me please.

need details...
    1. budget
    2. ios , android, windows 8
    3, screen size
    4 etc.

Also it would be good to know what you plan to do with it.... that would really help narrow down the perfect fit for you.
    You could check on sites like this as well they have pretty helpful tablet buyer guides
    Mobile Device: Google/Lg Nexus 4
    Desktop: MSI 785GT E63 Motherboard/AMD Phenom II 555 X2 (Unlocked to B55 X4) AM3 CPU Cooled by COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus/EVGA NVIDIA GTX260(dead after 4 years of ardent service. R.I.P./2 x 2Gb OCZ 800MHZ DDR2 Ram/Corsair TX750 PSU/NZXT Tempest Case

What type of phone do you have? Perhaps you'd want to stay in the same "ecosystem"
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Hey Pcchick, here my short story.

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 running Jelly bean 4.1.2
    I also own a HTC One X running Jellybean 4.2.2

having an Android Tab and phone made me after a while not use my Tab much as I do alot with my phone and the Tab for some reason didnt do much for me (even though it has the great Samsung Logo on it)

Anyway thanks to a video on this forum from King_jay showing me windows 8 rt on his surface tablet, I decided to think outside the box and research other tablets outside Android.

Long story short I sold my galaxy Tab 2 for $25000 much more than I had planned, and Just purchased a great Asus Vivotab rt which will run windows 8.1 rt. So far I feel bad because as an android Fan I used to block my mind from everything thats not android. but now with the Vivotab rt I wont be looking androids way when it comes to tablets anytime soon. (thanks for the original Video King_Jay)

so my point is as your searching for an answer to your original question dont limit yourself to Android or IOS, I suggest researching all types of tablets and choose somthing cost effective that works for you.

I got my Asus Vivotab Rt dirt cheap with a matching keyboard dock for $250us off Amazon "like new" and it does real multitasking which unlike my Tab 2 which did ...well...task switching....not multitasking

Also I suggest dont buy from Tigerdirect as they are expnsive...shop around other sites and research multiple tablets with a variety of operating systems.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

In regards to what wishlist said..I also sold my Samsung Galaxy Tab and bought a Playbook...no regrets....so I am in agreement...dont limit yourself...research and find whats best for you...its not always about the hype and following the crowd
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

............and she would want to know is she wants GSM service on the tablet or if WIFI would suffice........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    Hey Pcchick, here my short story.

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 running Jelly bean 4.1.2
    I also own a HTC One X running Jellybean 4.2.2

having an Android Tab and phone made me after a while not use my Tab much as I do alot with my phone and the Tab for some reason didnt do much for me (even though it has the great Samsung Logo on it)

Anyway thanks to a video on this forum from King_jay showing me windows 8 rt on his surface tablet, I decided to think outside the box and research other tablets outside Android.

Long story short I sold my galaxy Tab 2 for $25000 much more than I had planned, and Just purchased a great Asus Vivotab rt which will run windows 8.1 rt. So far I feel bad because as an android Fan I used to block my mind from everything thats not android. but now with the Vivotab rt I wont be looking androids way when it comes to tablets anytime soon. (thanks for the original Video King_Jay)

so my point is as your searching for an answer to your original question dont limit yourself to Android or IOS, I suggest researching all types of tablets and choose somthing cost effective that works for you.

I got my Asus Vivotab Rt dirt cheap with a matching keyboard dock for $250us off Amazon "like new" and it does real multitasking which unlike my Tab 2 which did ...well...task switching....not multitasking

Also I suggest dont buy from Tigerdirect as they are expnsive...shop around other sites and research multiple tablets with a variety of operating systems.
    I'm interested in a windows tablet but hesitant to get the normal one as I hear it's big and noisy and possible hot and rt i'm not sure about the apps available but ur "testimonial" sounds promising, does the rt has access to magic jack and netflix? Cant think of any other apps just now
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I'm interested in a windows tablet but hesitant to get the normal one as I hear it's big and noisy and possible hot and rt i'm not sure about the apps available but ur "testimonial" sounds promising, does the rt has access to magic jack and netflix? Cant think of any other apps just now
    Netflix yes
    Magic jack no...but all you need is magic jack on your android phone and make the calls there... I wouldn't make calls on magic jack on a 10.1 inch tablet.

Asus Vvotab rt...Super thin, Lightweight, no noise at all, runs cool especially when compared to my former Tab2
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

what about software? same windows 7 software will run on it?