Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LIME to migrate email to NSA friendly Google apps mail

It says you should have updated your password before October 29th and there will be a 24 hour period where you can't change your password once the migration has started.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

This applies to people whose passwords did not meet the 8 character minimum. According to the email, passwords that met the criteria did not need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Today is D-Day. I am greeted with an error in my email client saying the username and password is incorrect for my lime account.
    Went on LIME website, see a message about the transfer and that I should login to webmail.cwjamaica.com. That website also gives me an error.

Anyone have any luck accessing their LIME email?
    at my office it had a small glitch, but went after 2nd login attempt it signed in......
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Perhaps they should have let users know that some down time might take place.
    Exactly my thought! No mention of any downtime, except if you didn't change your password before that day and it was less than 8 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    This applies to people whose passwords did not meet the 8 character minimum. According to the email, passwords that met the criteria did not need to be changed.
    And my pass meets those requirements.

My only concern is, I thought google required at least 1 capital letter in their password policy. But lime didn't mention that in the email. Who knows.
    I'll keep checking throughout the day.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I understand. I have had to assist companies to change over core systems. I have had to assist with data migrations from one server to another. These are never pleasant, especially when the users keep calling to ask how long it is going to take.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for today.

Visited LIME's website again and noticed their announcement has changed. Asking persons to visit http://mywebmail.cwjamaica.com to login to their webmail.
    Or www.lime.com/mymailhelp/ for assistance in using your new webmail.

The settings for using your email client to check your email obviously has changed. (So much for no downtime).

In my new webmail, I saw I had a brand new spanking spam message. Checked it and saw it was LIME sending me a welcome message and instructions on how to get setup.
    It seems LIME is using some redirect marketing service for their urls in the emails that causes google to mark the emails as spam. Even the links on their website is the same redirect.

Look at this link that redirects to their webmail:
    http://siteintercept.qualtrics.com/WRSiteInterceptEngine/?Q_Impress=1&Q_CID=CR_0BWvikqyUrsNBYN&Q_Redirect=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fmywebmail.cwjamaica.com&Q_SRT=1T0NMUmd AKrVwX%2F%2FCk5uTg%3D%3D&Q_SIID=SI_3OuULGIgsBeznY9 &Q_ASID=AS_48078172&Q_LOC=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.time4li me.com%2Fjm%2F

Same links in their emails as well. Spam indeed.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

So far it seems to have been a relatively smooth migration. One should always expect some level of down time during migrations. It is what it is.

I agree that they could have been a bit more proactive. They could have emailed us the new settings before. They could have advised us to expect some down time.

These things come from experience. I guess they will know better next time. When you have to do these things for a living, you understand that it is not as easy as it seems.

Yesterday, i had two complaints from persons with LIME email addresses and using Outlook and Thunderbird. Emails weren't coming in and the password window kept popping up . Logged in via webmail with same password and all good . Did a google check and found LIME Email settings had been changed from mail.cwjamaica.com to mail.caribsurf.com
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

AA has listed two useful links for people needing information on the configuration changes. That saved me quite a bit of time.

The second one contains the details on how to configure the various email clients. You will need to change the server name, add @cwjamaica.com to the user name, change the port and choose SSL.

The documents suggest a change from mail.cwjamaica.com to mypop.cwjamaica.com or pop.gmail.com. Perhaps the settings were changed to mail.caribsurf.com in some countries.

I like the use of SSL for authentication. I was always concerned when I was traveling overseas and had to use the old cwjamaica service. The authentication was done in plain text. Anyone using a sniffer could have accessed my user name and password.

At least I can see one improvement since the change over.
    Last edited by jamrock; Nov 1, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

It is interesting to compare LIME's migration to the recent changes in Yahoo's mail service. As I have said before, big migrations like these are not easy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25347905

Some Yahoo Mail users have not been able to access their email since Monday following a service failure blamed on a hardware problem in one of its data centres.

The firm said that most accounts were now restored but warned of a backlog of emails still to be delivered.
    Yahoo Mail has had something of a rollercoaster ride since it was redesigned in October.

Thousands of users complained at the removal of key functions and others reported technical problems.

These includes the removal of tabs, meaning users could not organise their inboxes. Other complained about the placing of the delete button next to the sender name and no longer having new emails in bold. Some reported that emails were disappearing from their folder after sending.
    I have been a big critic of LIME's service over the years. However, it is only fair to give them credit when they do things correctly.