Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

jomo Guest

I've gotten over the issues still, maybe if I get high I'd be paranoid again

What I do with whatsapp in my bb to avoid detention (LOL) is to put home screen icons of who would message me late at night that I would (1) and wouldn't (?) Lol REPLY TO so if I hear ping or see the green light blinking I just scroll down and if my gf icon isn't highlighted I don't open whatsapp

I must admit its a nice feeling to open a convo you have with someone and see that the last time they used whatsapp was to talk to you...

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I've gotten over the issues still, maybe if I get high I'd be paranoid again

What I do with whatsapp in my bb to avoid detention (LOL) is to put home screen icons of who would message me late at night that I would (1) and wouldn't (?) Lol REPLY TO so if I hear ping or see the green light blinking I just scroll down and if my gf icon isn't highlighted I don't open whatsapp

I must admit its a nice feeling to open a convo you have with someone and see that the last time they used whatsapp was to talk to you...
    Dwl Jomo!!! You know the struggles
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Don't mistake BBM for BBM on Android. The BBM on Android app seems very unrefined/unfinished.

1) The keyboard + buttons take up way too much space. You can barely read the convo with the keyboard open. They need to copy hangouts and get rid of that row of buttons.

2) The keyboard opens automatically when you view a message. Very annoying when you just want to read, especially considering problem 1

3) When you click a notification message it takes you the last conversation you were in NOT NECESSARILY the one you clicked on in the notification. Annoying and DANGEROUS.

4) The smiley button is where the send button should be. At least that is where ppl are used to it on android.

That said, all those things can be improved, whatsapp on Android started out pretty crappy but they improved it significantly. There are still things I find annoying about whatsapp (in addition to phone number, last seen, etc)

1) The smileys suck. May sound trivial, but they have hundreds of them yet they are all ridiculously overexpressive. Most times I just what to express a simple emotion and I can't find a simple whatsapp smiley

2) Message delivery sucks. Messages are repeated, out of order, slow.

3) They still don't have read-receipt (just delivered)...some people may see that as a plus.

jomo Guest

Whatsapp upgrade for my bold 5 rocks! Can send more than one pic thumbnails much bigger too

I hope to see more upgrades in the near future