Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Well even after all I've said I use bbm basically ZITCH compared to whatsapp, not sure why I guess bbm to me seems girly and childish and whatsapp just gets to the point

I use it for business and personal only downside is late night texts are risky and I shy away from them

Lol

Personally to me if whatsapp got recent updates etc it wouldn't matter rather piss me off as I have THOUSANDS of contacts I don't even know so I wouldn't even scroll through that

"Aint nobody got time fo' dat' lol

Glad to see the competition tun up still, 20 million new bbm users is a good start I think...
    I thought about that same issue, but there is an easy solution to that, lets say the AVERAGE person has 200 numbers in their phonebook, and thats a gross overestimation, the only thing whatsapp would have to do is allow you to select whom you'd wanna see updates from,similar to fb's "close friends" feature that notifies you whenever a person from your close friends list makes a post or etc
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

Well I figured that as much, you could edit favorites BUT 'favorites' in my whatsapp is simply people who, wait, lol, a true, people who I talk to

So that makes sense

What doesn't is bbm to me has become a station for IDLERS

Idle broadcasts

(A girl bc some CRAP in whatsapp one morning and heard some rather nasty words from me, I don't play that in whatsapp, LOL) idle status' etc

Whatsapp to me is serious business, as you have whatsapp contact you have their # and can call easily so its more of a 'can I see you tonight' than a 'PING!!!' In bbm

Way how mi sick a bbm when I get my s4 mini duo I doubt ill even add anyone exept my work bbm group if I download bbm in the playstore

The bag a chattin chattin was never my style in a phone anyway

oh this start up back? I compiled a list of things from other day of the differences I see on the 'other os' versions (ie not on blackberry phones). soon post it

This is what I've learned:
    -Adding friends to a convo does not automatically make it a group. And when you do that only voice notes can be shared.
    -Creating a group even among mutual friends requires invitations and joins. That's a positive I guess.
    -To share pictures with the group you're required to leave the chat window and add the pictures from the group home page. Tedious and inconvenient.
    -Good stuff tho is things like Events and Lists
    -Videos cannot be shared in this version of BBM
    -Pictures are compressed to less than 30kb on average when sharing. QUALITY SUFFERS IMMENSELY!

Got a friend to send me a pic in BBM, then asked him to send that very same pic to me in whatsapp
    Last edited by chig; Oct 30, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

The only Advantage WhatsApp have over BBM for me is that it can send/receive Larger Size Videos,.. That's about it..

Chig,.. In BBM on a BlackBerry BB Click on the Pic and Select Request Higher Quality..
    For Droid/iOS Tap and Hold the Pic,. Then Select Request Higher Quality.
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Oct 30, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

No such option. I don't see any possible way to share any video at all in BBM. I can't share from the video and it sure aint in the "attach" drawer

nvm, i see request high quality after I long press the thumbnail from the convo (not when viewing the pic). Now why is that necessary?
    Last edited by chig; Oct 30, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    No such option. I don't see any possible way to share any video at all in BBM. I can't share from the video and it sure aint in the "attach" drawer

nvm, i see request high quality after I long press the picture from the convo (not when viewing it). Now why is that necessary?
    iOS cant send Videos Just Yet... It can receive thou.. Android can send/receive
    Sending the Pic at a Lower Quality using much less Data...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

15kbs tho... sorry i cant help but say this. BBM on Android really does replicate that BB feeling, it sorta takes me back in time.

I send much bigger than 15kbs
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

if I had to choose one I would choose, BBM. BBM offers me more privacy, security and control over my device and who has access to me.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    if I had to choose one I would choose, BBM. BBM offers me more privacy, security and control over my device and who has access to me.
    Agree. I use whatsapp, but there are number of problems with whatsapp that makes me weary of it.