Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

Personally I think the bbm UI is really inelegant
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Nothing makes BBM better than whatsapp. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dvius23 View Post
    Nothing makes BBM better than whatsapp. LOL
    in my opinion BBM has only one meaningful advantage and that is that its more interactive than whatsapp because of its recent updates capability.
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    in my opinion BBM has only one meaningful advantage and that is that its more interactive than whatsapp because of its recent updates capability.
    Hey interkaiser44
    I like to learn new things so pray tell where does BBM allow you to interact more than WhatsApp?

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dvius23 View Post
    Hey interkaiser44
    I like to learn new things so pray tell where does BBM allow you to interact more than WhatsApp?
    For instance you can update your status and say 'need a girl to sort me out for xxx dollars'

In a second it will appear in recent updates

Within minutes you'll have people replying to you as they check the little red star in recent updates and see it

You do something like that in whatsapp no one will see or care

I could go on, but it would be pointless for those who don't know what bbm is or how to use it.....

But bbm get lame after a while, especially for me (after I deleted every girl that can't spell properly) and most girl a use whatsapp free on wifi cause the bbm plans cost too much or dem a beg credit fi put it on and dem sure aint getting it from me

Anyone who has used to 2 its obvious how bbm is morE socially interactive that's simply common sense.....

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ................and most girl a use whatsapp free on wifi cause the bbm plans cost too much or dem a beg credit.....
    The ones for iOS and Android seem to work without a BB plan - you can use them free over WiFi. My question now (mentioned earlier) is whether or not those with actual BB devices will get to use BBM for free. Doubt it - since other features like the voice chat is exclusive to the BB device. We'll see how things go in future though.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Default Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    For instance you can update your status and say 'need a girl to sort me out for xxx dollars'

In a second it will appear in recent updates

Within minutes you'll have people replying to you as they check the little red star in recent updates and see it

You do something like that in whatsapp no one will see or care

I could go on, but it would be pointless for those who don't know what bbm is or how to use it.....

But bbm get lame after a while, especially for me (after I deleted every girl that can't spell properly) and most girl a use whatsapp free on wifi cause the bbm plans cost too much or dem a beg credit fi put it on and dem sure aint getting it from me

Anyone who has used to 2 its obvious how bbm is morE socially interactive that's simply common sense.....

Well Done jomo,
    I see what you mean. And that is truly added interaction for you to be prompted om a change of your status. But i remember the days when BBM did not do that, it was just a matter of a patch here and an update there. I say this to say that WhatsApp could very well be on its way to implementing that level of interactivity that you enjoy.

When i compared BBM to WhatsApp i looked at the core functionality of the application as a text based communication app with added multimedia appendages to improve the value of the experience. So based on that they seemed to be the same to me. BBM has done well in their drive to give people what they want but whether we want to admit it or not, its the end user that determines the evolution of our products and or services.

So i agree with you Jomo but I guess my scope of analysis was limited.

I knw messenger apps don't eat much data, but which one would eat more data?,

I dont have BBM, as my phone is not compatible, but what i'd want from whatsapp is some technical settings i could adjust myself, like ping times, manual check etc.. dat would exceptionally improve data use efficiency
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    I knw messenger apps don't eat much data, but which one would eat more data?,

I dont have BBM, as my phone is not compatible, but what i'd want from whatsapp is some technical settings i could adjust myself, like ping times, manual check etc.. dat would exceptionally improve data use efficiency
    There is only so much you could do with regards to effeciency as it relates to Blackberry devices. WhatsApp on the other hand can be configured to be much more effecient in terms of the frequency of pings/updates, the quality of photos and size among other things.

I have never really checked but if i had to guess i think BBM would be sending more info on a less effecient basis than WhatsApp. Even moreso because whatsapp can be configured to be more effecient. Even though i have never really measured it, i would vote Whatsapp as being more likely to be effecient than BBM.

jomo Guest

Well even after all I've said I use bbm basically ZITCH compared to whatsapp, not sure why I guess bbm to me seems girly and childish and whatsapp just gets to the point

I use it for business and personal only downside is late night texts are risky and I shy away from them

Lol

Personally to me if whatsapp got recent updates etc it wouldn't matter rather piss me off as I have THOUSANDS of contacts I don't even know so I wouldn't even scroll through that

"Aint nobody got time fo' dat' lol

Glad to see the competition tun up still, 20 million new bbm users is a good start I think...