Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

Default Serious question: What makes BBM better than Whatsapp?

I don't see any other thread in the general section asking or discussing this, and I'm not about to sift through the 12 pages in the Blackberry board. I'd just like a to-the-point comparison between the two here please.

From my day of use, apart from the "last online" thing or PIN security (which sorta loses its purpose when people advertise their PINs) I am not seeing any real advantages to BBM on iPhone/Android. I'd go as far as saying it has less features than whatsapp.. I tried to find a reason to make a switch and not seeing it, eventually this app may be deleted from non-use.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

I don't know. Most people are pissed off by the last online thing you mentioned, and the fact that anyone with your number can see that info even if you don't want them to.
    Better question, what makes BBM better than KIK?

my prob with whatsapp is the last seen, phone number issue, easy to crack message encryption

BBM was specific to BB - lots of Jamaicans have or had a BB (which I still do) and now have an Android or iOS device (which I do). The problem is that not everyone is "rich" and can live up to the hype of the SGS2/3/4 or iPhone 4/5/C so they stick to some much cheaper alternatives with a (mostly) solid messenger app. Now that it's available for everyone to use, the persons with the cheaper phones (BB) that can't run WhatsApp or had other issues. My question would be this - BBM did not work unless you had a BB plan in place - will that now work with no BB plan over wireless? Or is that only for the phones that aren't BBs?

See the link below for what the OS requirements are.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/app...html#platforms
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I can understand the last seen thing, and number thing, but I'm not really a man of secrecy, and if im to give u my pin u more than likely have my number as well. Sorry, all these years of avoiding blackberries and finally receiving this so-called killer app that makes blackberries worth owning.. you must understand why I'd be really underwhelmed right now. I did buy into the hype, I did buy into people's arguments that "I have BBM you dont" was making me feel I was missing out on something special, I had somewhat high expectations of this. The pin adding thing I not sure I'll get used to tbh

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    My question would be this - BBM did not work unless you had a BB plan in place - will that now work with no BB plan over wireless? Or is that only for the phones that aren't BBs?
    I was in a discussion about this in a facebook group, and asked a similar question like this but no answer. I asked how long can we expect BBM to stay free.. with no ads, no major software sales I know of, and the expansion to other devices essentially looking to kill their hardware sales. How will Blackberry survive from a business standpoint with declining revenue? Surely this can't stay free forever. And other features I hear people boast, free BBM voice calls or whatever exclusive t BB phones, I don't consider it free because you pay for the BB Service and its simply voip. So if it does make it across in an update like I hear in rumours all over, will we expect a price tag attached?
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

jomo Guest

As said the last seen thing is mighty annoying, also the fact that ANYONE with my # from 2001 when I had it can simply see my pic and. If I'm still alive and what not

Second problem I have is I CAN'T EVEN SEE MY OWN PIC so when someone comment on my pic I'm like 'what pic' cause its so damn annoying to look into settings JUST to remind myself what pic I have up

No recent updates; when a girl change her pic or put your name in a stat you won't see it unless you browse through EVERYONE which is ridiculous seeing as I have over 2500 contacts and about (let me check) can't tell, probably about 1000, so that's another reason BBM is better (even though I barely use it compared to whatsapp)

Another reason bbm is better is its just more fluent sensible and user friendly and of course sociable, and no suprise visitors, NO ONE can simple 'pop up' in my bbm and ask 'is yu girl dat? Is yu car dat? Yu rememba mi? How yu parents?' Or none a dat CRAPPPPP

However it does have its positives, see a car or sumn for sale yu simple look for the person in whatsapp and in two seconds yu can get pictures etc, done that quite a few times

Anyway what DOES it matter, we all have accerss to TWO now so use whatever you like

It nu matter which one is better lol .... Just use whichever one YOU think it better or Whichever one is Better for YOU...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    It nu matter which one is better lol .... Just use whichever one YOU think it better or Whichever one is Better for YOU...
    Or just do like me and use both, its not that hard.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

^^ yea I am using both for now...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    yep...I agree..right now I am using both as well...for now
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple