Thread: How to get ADB connection on Windows * device not recognised

Post How to get ADB connection on Windows * device not recognised

If anyone knows how to get this working in fastboot usb i'd appreciate the help.

Things to note.

Device is htc One

Phone is recognized in fastboot but not adb and returns

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached.

Already tried a windows 7 machine and received the same error so i doubt its windows 8
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

did u root it on that same machine?
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

no it wasnt rooted on this machine
    "I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake"- Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by gemel_1287 View Post

Phone is recognized in fastboot but not adb and returns

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached.

Already tried a windows 7 machine and received the same error so i doubt its windows 8
    What i want to be clear on is if it recognizes the phone ANY at all in adb or just the PC recognize it

ok i was able to run the ruu using an echo command in cmd to change the software version back to 1.29(from 1.31). So its now back to stock. So the phone boots now, no more rebooting after 20 seconds. only issue now is although it detects the sim card theres no connection(using lime by the way). Does that mean i will need a third party sim unlock or go through spring to use it?

just the pc recognized it....when i went through all the driver issues the command "adb devices" - list of devices was blank.... fastboot recognized it fine and in custom recovery (twrp) i used sideload and the device was recognized but not while in stock recovery

ignore the first reply, network settings went back to default lte/cmd. Everythings good now. Thanks for the reponse. i guess its best to wait for a custom 4.3 update. Running ota while rooted will mess up your device even if you unroot and relock the phone.
    Last edited by gemel_1287; Oct 12, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gemel_1287 View Post
    Running ota while rooted will mess up your device even if you unroot and relock the phone.
    Yuuuup just like trying to update a jailbroken iphone