Thread: Google HP Chromebook

Default Google HP Chromebook

So my neighbor purchased one of these for your daughter as she thought of it as cost effective and would be ideal for doing SBA's and based computing and social media. I have my first interaction with this device last week, basically a tablet in the form of a notebook. Needless to say that without a constant internet connection not much can be done on one of these device.

85% of the functionality of this device is based on internet connectivity, not really ideal for someone who doesn't do a lot...I mean a lot of cloud computing. The amount of time I tried to open the start menu not remembering that it just not exist pon the blasted machine....

Its quite a simplistic and easy to use device but I rather an android tablet and they are basically the same thing just that one is affixed to a keyboard and one has a docking option and touch screen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/08/te...ook/index.html

Welcome to the world of always on network connectivity.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

hack it and put on linux....problem pretty much solved

Linux...interesting, I suppose these netbooks can be rooted as well. Its a pity a no mine so I can experiment on it

I am going to do some more research and possibly try convince her to let me program it with linux

yh man, as you can imagine it will be much more useful to her daughter/ whoever else uses it if linux is on it...and linux open source too so free proggies for her same way