Thread: MEGA-sized Next Gen Games

Default MEGA-sized Next Gen Games

Game size thread if you will

Mega textures push Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC to 50GB

Sony: Killzone: Shadow Fall is 50GB

First one to say it was killzone, now Call of Duty is another massive game. Fans gonna cry
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

ha, semi, be careful what you wish for. You want more graphics? here you go. Games are going to require 5000 artists in china to make and take 5 years. (already happening) You'll probably get 8 hours out of it before you sell it (or you probably can't sell it because you bought it digital). The future is going to be a fun place.

You think the wii-u is having a game drought? wait until the ps4 and xbox come out. People are going to be wondering why there be no gamez! Sony will be like we are making themz! Here are some indie stuff for you to play. Then the indie devs will be like wait a minute we just want to make little art pieces but the gamerz will be like WE WANT GRAPHIxxxxxxS! And the indie devs will be like "aint nobody got time for that!"

It's definitely set my DD plans back a bit. I expected them to maybe be around 20-30GB with the odd 50GB later down the road, but right off the bat? Doesn't help that laptop hard drives top out at around 3TB. Even snaller if Sony sticks with 2.5" drives. I don't think CoD on consoles will be that large though, since PC games tend to have larger file sizes. At the end of the day, if it nets stuff like this (open it in a new tab), I don't mind sticking with disks for a while.

@Owen: There have always been droughts after a console launches, that's just the way it goes. The difference between the Wii U and the other 2 consoles is that they have strong third party support. Pretty much everyone has abandoned the Wii U at this point.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

WoW 50GB is pretty ridiculous. I don't even think WoW has gotten there after four expansions. I wonder what the size of the actual DD installer for Ghosts will be. If next-gen games keep going at that clip then i don't see how DD is even feasible with Lime's slow speeds and Flow's capping. The alternative of going back to discs for PC gaming kinda sucks.