Thread: Samsung device charging

Default Samsung device charging

Hey,

So I noticed my Note 2 started taking 17hrs charge instead of 2.5hrs.

I did some research and found out samsung usb cables are teribad.

So I found an usb cable under my bed and tried it. Bam... phone charge in 1.5hrs from 8%

Just a heads up.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

Really I've had better experience with the (bigger) samsung usb chargers, charge my blackberries in half the time

What brand was the other one? I know some have different voltages, I only have samsung ones around now, when I get another android ill try out a few different ones

My note 2 would charge quickly if I remember but suffered from some media battery drainage crap of some sorts, part of the reason I ditched it

The charger wasnt the problem. It was the usb "cable"

My Note 2 charge quickly, now it charge even quicker.

The usb cable I use now doesnt have a name. It is very thing though.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

^^yea the issue is that the thinner cables are not able to carry the higher (2amP VS 1amp) amperage needed to quickly charge the device like the original cable. The thicker cables do!

jomo Guest

Interesting! Then why have those thinner cables come with that charger? Just for style? LOL, I kinda did notice a difference in the length of the cables, I have a 1 foot one that charges very quickly, will note it

^^^ lower amped chargers do fine with thinner cables. The cables for higher end devices tend to come with higher amped chargers that are capable of handling the 2amps required to quick charge the device. Thinner cables have higher resistance hence they run the risk of getting hot and melting...
    Thick cables are usually shielded as well and less prone to interference during data transfers.
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Oct 1, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

When you were having charging difficulties you should have checked if was saying usb or AC. I had a similar problem and when I checked it said it was charging on usb even tho it was plugged into an AC outlet. Turns out the usb cable wasnt plugged into the charger properly, one solid push down and bam...problem solved. Now the phone charges in under 2 hrs on the stock 2 amp charger and usb cable.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    ^^^ lower amped chargers do fine with thinner cables. The cables for higher end devices tend to come with higher amped chargers that are capable of handling the 2amps required to quick charge the device. Thinner cables have higher resistance hence they run the risk of getting hot and melting...
    Thick cables are usually shielded as well and less prone to interference during data transfers.
    You misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    The thin cable I found is doing way better than the thicker samsung cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_Assailant View Post
    When you were having charging difficulties you should have checked if was saying usb or AC. I had a similar problem and when I checked it said it was charging on usb even tho it was plugged into an AC outlet. Turns out the usb cable wasnt plugged into the charger properly, one solid push down and bam...problem solved. Now the phone charges in under 2 hrs on the stock 2 amp charger and usb cable.
    I tried all of that.

My samsung usb cable was defective.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup