Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: commercial or fiber internet

Well the initial comparison would not be fair because the pricing compared is for two different technologies (HFC for Flow vs Verizon FTH) but Verizon is the ISP in America terms of Speeds Offered and packages vs price....well except for Google. The down side is that they are not available anywhere due to restrictions and they seem to be in bed with the NSA.
    But any comparison with overseas is not valid as they have a much larger customer base and do not have to pay Portia JEEP tax or JPS high light bill and have a much better infrastructure to build on.

However this does not mean that the ISPs here are not offering First World technologies.
    Last edited by BNOVA; Sep 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Sentence correction.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr View Post
    If you dare think you can download unlimitedly from Verizon.Read the fine print.Bandwidth is a not unlimited it.Each ISP has the responsibility to provide a level playing field to provide its subscriber with a fair share of allocated bandwidth . Fiber technology is unlimited however the connecting devices technology has yet to catch up .Why isnt flow in the same class as Verizon just curious ?
    bandwidth is not unlimited but I mean download limit when i said data cap. The service doesn't compare because it's clearly inferior and more expensive. Other ISPs or services up there maybe, but not Verizon FiOS.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    bandwidth is not unlimited but I mean download limit when i said data cap. The service doesn't compare because it's clearly inferior and more expensive. Other ISPs or services up there maybe, but not Verizon FiOS.
    ok you make valid well research points

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that flow was giving schools free internet.
    Long time they been doing this Since about 2003/4
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus