Thread: How do i downgrade my iphone 4 ios 7 to IOS 6.1.2

Default How do i downgrade my iphone 4 ios 7 to IOS 6.1.2

I recently upgraded to IOS7 but now I wanna go back to IOS 6.1.2 for jailbreaking purposes. Any idea how to do so. I tried using ultrasn0w along with itunes but I am getting an error 3194 and i can't seem to work around it. Any ideas or tips?

The only way you can do this is if you have the SHSH for your phone for that OS available. Typically Apple doesn't store this for older versions of an OS for a certain model phone. You'll have to use an app like TinyUmbrella to check and download all SHSH for your phone. Then start the TSS server (disconnect from internet maybe) and do a restore to the IPSW that you'd have downloaded while TSS is running.

While TinyUmbrella may have the option to grab SHSH from CYDIA it doesn't always work, so it's best to have the SHSH saved from before. If your phone is jailbroken you can check in CYDIA for methods of downgrading as well.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

nothing i try works i wonder if there is any possibilities that a downgrade imposible now. and just wait for a jailbreak for ios 7

This may be the case if you didn't preserve your baseband and such. It's something I could look at for you, but not sure how it going go in that department. Would have to use something like TeamViewer or so.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

If you had the shsh blobs saved as that person mentioned above you could downgrade. You would proceed to build a custom ipsw and load it. Don't think you can still submit them that your on ios7 but at times its auto saved in cydia proving that you been using it. Try the latest version of redsn0w to see if they there if tinyumbrella didnt save them.