Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increase in Movie admission prices....?!!

Default Increase in Movie admission prices....?!!

I remember back in the day when the admission price was $250.00 for adults and 150 for kids... its now a whoppin $410.00 for adults and 250 for kids... and box seats are from $410- $510? are u serious... y?
    the poor lickle ute dem dat not old enough to goh sessions nor clubs caan even treat dem lil girlfriend to the movies without using up most of their weekly allowance?
    Man wid that money food should be inclusive and we all know she going to want to eat right... jah kno .. caz u have some real hungry belly girls out there... and food aint cheap there... and if u buy one pop corn or nacho/ juice and share she going to tell her fren dem how u cheap... life hard man tru she doan kno seh da lickle man dem caan eat proper lunch foh dat week sake of treating her.... look like u just haffi pack a lil lunch kit and carry it in the cinema...

With these prices can they really blame the bootlegger/bandooloo artists??
    Last edited by Liquid Bunny; May 2, 2005 at 07:44 PM.
    ***Note to the public***
    Since ppl are a tad bit confused as to whether i happen to be male/female... i hope this will clear the air i am a FEMALE .. so stop wid da my ute/nigga/dog/man/boy beast ting!!
    ive spoken

Although the price smight seem hig in Jamaica, the prices in the USA are higher.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

worse yet since movie theaters make most of thier profit from the food...

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    Although the price smight seem hig in Jamaica, the prices in the USA are higher.
    very very true...

this is the case in canada also..a typical movie costs between 13-14 dollars in canada

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE

yeah if you make the conversion it is ridiculous ! ! ! but to them is not a problem coz a dollar is a dollar !
    I havn't broken any terms of agreement right ?

if them raising the price they should raise it and done and stop inch inch up the price ever couple months

people like me who go to the theatre often should start thinking of buying themselves some of the gift certificates

they last the whole year and you get a discount....will try and get the prices and post

a now two for one tuesdays aguh pack!
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Bunny
    Nope and if you pass by downtown and halfway tree dem youths on the sidewalk have all the latest.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by ProdMaster
    if you pass by downtown and halfway tree dem youths on the sidewalk have all the latest.
    That is just the reason y the prices have gone up so much. Cineplex have 2 find some way 2 make some money since more than half of the usual regular movie goers are now staying at home and watching bootleg dvds. I myself prefer 2 go 2 the movies
    Praise Ye JAH

true very true... well suh it goh still... i hear da penalty is some serious jail time if they find u recording the movie and if u have it b4 its release
    ***Note to the public***
    Since ppl are a tad bit confused as to whether i happen to be male/female... i hope this will clear the air i am a FEMALE .. so stop wid da my ute/nigga/dog/man/boy beast ting!!
    ive spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Bunny
    I remember back in the day when the admission price was $250.00 for adults and 150 for kids... its now a whoppin $410.00 for adults and 250 for kids... and box seats are from $410- $510? are u serious... y?
    the poor lickle ute dem dat not old enough to goh sessions nor clubs caan even treat dem lil girlfriend to the movies without using up most of their weekly allowance?
    Man wid that money food should be inclusive and we all know she going to want to eat right... jah kno .. caz u have some real hungry belly girls out there... and food aint cheap there... and if u buy one pop corn or nacho/ juice and share she going to tell her fren dem how u cheap... life hard man tru she doan kno seh da lickle man dem caan eat proper lunch foh dat week sake of treating her.... look like u just haffi pack a lil lunch kit and carry it in the cinema...

lol that was very funny. what the guy could do is tell the girl to eat her belly full before she leave the house OR go into to the movie late so unno have sit at separate seat so when food time come she cant find u or do both.
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS