Thread: Apple Phishing Message

Exclamation Apple Phishing Message

I got an email this morning but was too tired to actually check and verify the contents. This was sent from do_not_reply@apple.com. The information is below. This is what happens when you're sick, stay up too late gaming and then go check your email and find something with phishing.

Apple ID Disabled for Security Reasons

Dear Customer,

Your Apple ID has been Disabled for Security Reasons!

Someone just tried to sign in into your Apple account from other IP Address.
    Please confirm your identity today or your account will be Disabled due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the Apple Community.

To confirm your identity, we recommend that you go to:
    Verify Now >
    The VERIFY NOW link goes to "http://taesung.com.au/cgl-bin" where you put in your ID and password. After realizing this I immediately logged in to the Apple site and changed my password. I was warned about the URL by my password manager but used it none-the-less as I figured maybe it's been a while since I logged in - that and I was tired really. Now everything on the email was legit except the VERIFY NOW link which I didn't realize. If you go to the link the site even looks similar to the Apple site with the layout and everything. URL is also deceptive. Watch for this and other similar things in more recent times. I don't expect this to be the last.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Hmm, need to talk to you next time you're tired. Maybe I can get you to buy something for me online?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Hmm, need to talk to you next time you're tired. Maybe I can get you to buy something for me online?
    Or win me in Kart Rider? LOL.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Or win me in Kart Rider? LOL.
    Been there done that. Now stop derail the thread man. You're a mod!
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Been there done that. Now stop derail the thread man. You're a mod!
    Is ok. Will have to make sure it don't happen too often.

On topic though it's best to not click stuff if you know you're falling asleep. May just get caught. Fortunately for me I caught on quick enough. The other thing that made me not too suspicious is that my phone was loaned out overnight to a friend while I worked on theirs. Could have been that they tried to sign in to their account and had difficulties. If it was a case where I had my phone the whole time I wouldn't have gotten caught on that. Just unlucky kinda.