Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Which System of the next gen family Are You getting?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,090
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    All the good games are 60fps.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So are you implying that no "good game" runs below 60, because that's crazy talk.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,090
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Name the best 30fps game in your opinion

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Best ever? The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I know you said 30, but that game actually ran at 20. If we're talking more recent - Dark Souls.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ummm.....Steam box anyone???
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Best ever? The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I know you said 30, but that game actually ran at 20. If we're talking more recent - Dark Souls.
    Street fighter, Mario series etc... FPS doesn't necessarily make the game good...just real sexy.

    I remember pushing Doom on my 486DX. Framerates sucked but I still enjoyed the hell out of that game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Ummm.....Steam box anyone???
    Already have one....It's called a PC. Just need to grab one of those fancy new controllers Lord Gab is offering.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 25, 2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    Already have one....It's called a PC.
    So I take it you have your PC underneath your TV in the living room eradicating the "desk & chair" traditional computer/laptop gaming set up offering you absolute console - like comfort and ease of use in your living room?
    Or do you opt for outputting your video feed to your TV set mimicking the console experience?

    All PCs can be steam machine through steam's OS but not steam boxes cannot be wholly likened to being traditional home PCs because of their console like design, form-factor and intent.
    Last edited by Scoundrel; Jan 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    483
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    All PCs can be steam machine through steam's OS but not steam boxes cannot be wholly likened to being traditional home PCs because of their console like design, form-factor and intent.

    LOL...the official Steam Box console isn't out yet. That makes any PC the only official Steam "box" available. Thus. I already have a Steam "box".

    Your move...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,090
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Please stop this dumb stream of posts. and get back on topic.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by datdread View Post
    LOL...the official Steam Box console isn't out yet. That makes any PC the only official Steam "box" available. Thus. I already have a Steam "box".

    Your move...
    Well for the most part you could always buy an Alienware x51 for the form factor and run steam on it or wait and purchase a dedicated steam machine. IMO a steam machine has the best of both Worlds, being console like and far more powerful and upgradeable than any next gen current or future system.

    Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Please stop this dumb stream of posts. and get back on topic.
    SMH! Can you troll a little lighter please? It's been a while.....
    If "More" is really always "Less", then why am i constantly losing money?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •