Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dying Light (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC)

yeah, saw that. I don't think the mirrors edge comparison is fair though since freedom of movement is what we should expect games to somewhat progress towards. Can't start saying every game is mirrors edge just because it has it. having lots of objects to interact with is another thing
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I've never really understood the obsession with zombies. The only zombie related stuff I'm into are The Walking Dead tv show and adventure game. Still, people seem to love them which is why these games are still being made. To each his own and all that.

I don't think simplifying this game as an A to B linear experience is fair though, because that's every Mario game in a nutshell. It's what you do while getting from A to B that matters, so I agree with semi that it's longevity hangs on how fun they make the game.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    I've never really understood the obsession with zombies.
    I wouldn't say obsession since it's just a variation on the Nazi/Terrorist/Bad Guy character pool. A politically safe antagonist for us to apply virtual mayhem and destruction.

Zombie games are easy to make and people are easily entertained. now here is the thing that makes mario different from a A to B zombie game. In mario the enemy is the level. In a zombie game your weak weapons are the enemy so you tend to spend your time making weapons and avoiding being ganged by zombies and flipping switches and doing fetch quests.

A fetch quest is when the player gets a mission to go 1 or more points on a map and collect something. Usually these fetch quests are all really traps to get you to visit different places you would usually avoid.

I want a zombie game with proximity mines like in goldeneye 007.

Well, (good) zombie games are about survival, and you don't really have to worry about that if you have proxy mines and other op weapons. Even though they're not technically zombies, I think The Last of Us is the best example of this. No other game makes you rejoice when you only have 10 bullets total lol. You also have to make most of your weapons yourself, which is pretty cool.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Well, (good) zombie games are about survival, and you don't really have to worry about that if you have proxy mines and other op weapons. Even though they're not technically zombies, I think The Last of Us is the best example of this. No other game makes you rejoice when you only have 10 bullets total lol. You also have to make most of your weapons yourself, which is pretty cool.
    As you all should know Resident Evil is still the first and best Zombie game ever made and the others branch off of it. In Resident Evil 6 when you run out of ammo you have to physically fight those zombies and zom dogs, plus you got a partner system and the usual puzzles.

Not saying Dying light is bad, just not all that different from Resident Evil.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I much prefer slaughtering zombies.

I kinda cringe when I have to. Let's say: Destroy a whole village full of Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Arabs or dare I say it. Jamaicans. Imagine a "Slaughter scene in Tivoli Gardens" where the protagonist is a lily white boy. The outrage. (Patent pending just so you know).

In this day and age. It just feels wrong. To me at least.

I prefer my antagonist ugly and abstract. Dark Souls/Demons Souls bad guys are nice examples.

Well it's replacing GTA V release date and now on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

Kinda looks to me like a farcry with zombies game now that I see the trailers on steam.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow