Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

GOG doesn't use a client though. You just download your game installers, DRM free. You could add it to your steam library later to keep everything centralized.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

GoG has client now. Galaxy. It is nice to have it in steam since invested in that, but w.e.

I'll play when I get r9 390 or whatever. They said that gameworks can't be optimized for AMD hardware, thanks to nvidias anti-competitive ways. None of my money going to that lame company.

I'll be hoping I can still run the hair effects fine, though would much rather they had just worked with AMD so the game would run well for everybody.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I saw the Angry Joe pre-built preview of the game and I must say if the Xbox 30 version look so good, can imagine the PC version on ultra settings.

That aside though the gameplay look solid and varied and looks like they finally sort out the interface, which is the problem I had with previous Witcher games, especially the signs having a description now.

I might get this early if I have nothing else to play later on in the year.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Maaaaaaaan, I'm getting torn to shreds by a werewolf. He's not hard by himself, but he has a whole bunch of regular wolves that flank you at the same time. They do a LOT of damage, and are crazy fast. It's pretty dark in his cave too, so God help you if you accidentally corner yourself.

Well, if there's one thing I like about this game, it's that with enough skill you can overcome significant level differences. I just beat a rather large group of level 16 soldiers at level 4. It's also pretty satisfying to watch their heads fly off into the sunset lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Well, if there's one thing I like about this game, it's that with enough skill you can overcome significant level differences. I just beat a rather large group of level 16 soldiers at level 4. It's also pretty satisfying to watch their heads fly off into the sunset lol.
    Well yesterday I had my first real boss fight in Witcher 2 on hard mode and took me almost 1 hour to win that fight lol. I was mostly trying to get the hang of the combat and dodging and can see how you'd be able to take down a large group, if you time your dodges and use up signs while carefully planning your attacks.

I must say I do like the challenging combat system, even though it's a bit awkward as you can't cancel the far sword attacks which he usually spins with and leave you open to attacks from the enemy.

Based on the Witcher 3 videos I've seen though looks like combat is more fluent. I'll be getting it later down in the year or when it goes on sale, as I'm getting a better video card first.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Yeah, combat in 3 is much more fluent. Dodging and rolling isn't as sluggish either.

Also, at this point, I can say it's pretty consistent with the quality of its side quests. Definitely better than DAI in this regard. No question.

Finally got this on the Christmas sale and started playing it recently. This game really deserved game of the year for 2015 for story alone and don't get me started on the content. Almost 20 hours into the game and still looking for Ciri because doing some side quests along the way.

Looking forward to complete this well made game.

Side content or not, you'll be looking for her for quite a while. Have you done the Red Baron quest yet? That is possibly the best quest-line I've ever played in an RPG. I still need to get to the expansions at some point, I hear that they are great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Side content or not, you'll be looking for her for quite a while. Have you done the Red Baron quest yet? That is possibly the best quest-line I've ever played in an RPG. I still need to get to the expansions at some point, I hear that they are great as well.
    Yeah I I just completed that quest. Can't believe they gave you the option to kill his botchling kid, but hey it is a mature RPG . Your right about that quest line being one of the best, as I felt I was watching a movie and almost felt sorry for the drunkard.

I am definitely getting the expansions once I complete the base game.