Thread: Best Internet Option in Jamaica?

Question Best Internet Option in Jamaica?

Hey guys so I currently have the cheapest Flow internet package which I think is about $3000 a month, then I have a Digicel 4g modem and that's about another $3000.

Lately I have been toying with the idea of cutting off Flow and just using the Digicel modem. The thing is though I have other devices a tablet and my phone which need the internet. The Digicel modem I have does not broadcast.

I am also thinking about getting one of the 4g data plan sim cards and using it instead since I am seeing where that is $1500 a month. My laptop has a sim card slot and is 4g capable so that is why im considering that option. The thing is has anyone used the data plan sim card as their main internet? If so what is the speed like?

Also does anyone know a router which with certainty they can say is compatible with the Digicel usb modem zte ax225?

Has anyone has any experience broadcasting internet signal from a Digicel usb modem or Digicel sim card using Connectify Hotspot or Intel My Wifi?I have been trying for hours but my phone will not obtain the ip address with either method.

How good is the range on these pocket mifi modems? I am also thinking about buying one of them.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance.

If you're going to be using the net on the road then spend and get the wireless modem. If this is for use at home primarily then get FLOW or the LIME FTTH packages. I'm guessing the LIME packages would be better these days until FLOW does better.

While the FLOW package is more expensive it is also much faster and has no caps on your data (except if you over-use your bandwidth - slows down but doesn't cut off). Digicel currently has no unlimited plans for any reasonable price IMO.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".