Thread: Phone theft

Default Phone theft

Your phone has been stolen. What will you do? What have you done to protect it? Do you think the thief or whomever will work on it will be ignorant of the measures taken?

In Jamaica it makes no difference. Police, LIME or Digicel won't help. Your only option is to hack their network if you know your IMEI and triangulate the position yourself. Big and serious.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I did a test on Digicel one day to see if they do what they claim they do.

My Galaxy S3 wasnt lost or stolen. But i called digicel and pretended it was stolen and asked them to block the IMEI fron their network. They asked me for the IMEI and i gave it to them and they claimed they blocked it. When i tested the phone to see if it cud make and receive calls and send text messages...everything worked fine. I even activated 4g service on it.

Digicel are rubbish

jomo Guest

Yu a weak sauce, I lost a bb I left on top of my car and thought someone picked it up, one call mi mek and lock down the phone and could tell if a new sim was placed in it wipe data etc

What I would like is a device that if someone steals your phone, you can simply press a button say on your keyring similar to a car alarm and get the phone to either loudly alarm flash lights or even shock the said person, lol, maybe we are a while away from that

But seriously there must be a better deterent, people have been KILLED over their cell phones!

They could design one with a small built in battery that even if someone pulls the battery it should still be able to alarm 'thief thief' or sumn like dat, lol

Apart from that unless yu have links yu pretty much at the mercy of some stupid app that might not even work in ja

Word to the wise if yu TEK BUS OR TAXI don't use a fancy phone, suck up yu pride and walk with a flashlight phone, ja people too damn boasy

The technology will evolve whereas the phone will be integrated into the palm of your hand.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)