Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia Lumia 1020

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Got me one of these for a prize. Quite a nicely built phone. Love the smooth texture of it and it feels nice in my hand. The corning gorilla glass 3 is sweet! Have had it in my jeans pocket with keys and you can't see any scratches on it. Even more, you can just wipe the screen off with a cotton cloth and it looks like new.

Also glad I got this phone when Windows Phone 8.1 is out. Really makes using the phone a better experience, than with previous OS versions.

Giving it a 8.5 out of 10 for me.
    Why yuh minus almost 2 points? You can always say because it's M$ .

Lock screen lock solid though I like it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    Tell us about the camera...
    Bwooy, although the camera is the main feature of the phone, I need a booklet to learn how to use it's features. I feel like it's a full fledged professional camera with very cool editing features.

Without using any of it's advanced features, the camera takes really nice shots and brightens the colors in the pictures. But after transferring some of them to my laptop, the colors don't seem that bright as how it showed on the phone. Probably the difference in resolution between the phone and my laptop.

Anyways, just like a professional camera has more than 1 lenses depending on what the photographer is taking, so too does the camera have lenses, but on the software side.
    There are 3 or 4 different camera software called lenses, which have various features when it comes to taking photographs.

You can also fine tune it's settings like the aperture and the mode (daylight, night, cloudy, etc), and the shutter speed and the ISO and the flash.

Can add effects to the pictures, like animate only a section of your picture while the rest of the picture stays still. (very cool lol)

But yeah, still learning how to use it.

Looking at the files on the camera, seems it saves 2 versions of a picture, 1 of them being a high-res version.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Why yuh minus almost 2 points? You can always say because it's M$ .
    lol just some small issues here and there, but not big deal breakers. Coming from using all google services and moving to all MS services, you start to see the conflict between both companies as the lack of apps to access my various google accounts seamlessly is missing.

Not to mention the lack of windows apps for some of my favorite apps.

But that aside, windows store still has a lot of apps to keep me entertained.
    Glad WhatsApp came back to the windows store after a short hiccup with the app.

I'm no die-hard phone fan like some on here, so maybe I am easy to please.

Got me one of these for a prize. Quite a nicely built phone. Love the smooth texture of it and it feels nice in my hand. The corning gorilla glass 3 is sweet! Have had it in my jeans pocket with keys and you can't see any scratches on it. Even more, you can just wipe the screen off with a cotton cloth and it looks like new.

Also glad I got this phone when Windows Phone 8.1 is out. Really makes using the phone a better experience, than with previous OS versions.

Giving it a 8.5 out of 10 for me.
    Welcome to Windows Phone side

I already have a Windows PC, so I decided to get a Linux phone .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Bwooy, although the camera is the main feature of the phone, I need a booklet to learn how to use it's features. I feel like it's a full fledged professional camera with very cool editing features.

Without using any of it's advanced features, the camera takes really nice shots and brightens the colors in the pictures. But after transferring some of them to my laptop, the colors don't seem that bright as how it showed on the phone. Probably the difference in resolution between the phone and my laptop.

Anyways, just like a professional camera has more than 1 lenses depending on what the photographer is taking, so too does the camera have lenses, but on the software side.
    There are 3 or 4 different camera software called lenses, which have various features when it comes to taking photographs.

You can also fine tune it's settings like the aperture and the mode (daylight, night, cloudy, etc), and the shutter speed and the ISO and the flash.

Can add effects to the pictures, like animate only a section of your picture while the rest of the picture stays still. (very cool lol)

But yeah, still learning how to use it.

Looking at the files on the camera, seems it saves 2 versions of a picture, 1 of them being a high-res version.
    You must have not used the camera right, cause that pic is terribad...

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    I already have a Windows PC, so I decided to get a Linux phone .
    Android is not linux...
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    You must have not used the camera right, cause that pic is terribad...
    I knoiw right? Looks so much better on the phone and the pics online looks so much better. Even the sample pics they put on the phone looks better.

I knoiw right? Looks so much better on the phone and the pics online looks so much better. Even the sample pics they put on the phone looks better.
    I had to opportunity of buying one for $200. Sorry i didnt take it, really want to try that camera.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

This is true had the opportunity to use one for a short time and the pics really looked great on the phone.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Good to see Windows Phone OS getting some love.