Thread: dead links

Default dead links

this might be in the wrong section but will worry about that late. working a joomla website and the links send me back to the homepage. tried checking the links in main menu and when i click on them to edit it send me to the main menu page, same thing with articles and modules, i cant make any changes to what has already been made. i tried making a new menu item which i could but once i hit save i cant back in to edit the the menu item again and the menu item still sends me to the home page. the joomla files and db are ok, copied them to my local server (wamp) and everything worked so im guessing it has somehting to do with apache or php. any suggestions?

Are you using any modules that may rewrite the URLs, such as a SEO module? With my experience with CMS's a problem like that normally when a plugin/module is rewrite the URLs to create friendly URLs.
    N.B. My expertise is with WordPress and Drupal
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

search engine friendly urls was disabled. contacted the host (hostgator) for some assistance. they did their snooping around and came to the conclusion that the problem was being cause by php5.4 + jooml 1.5 (they not compatible). surprisingly enough i wamp installed on my desktop and it has php5.4.3 installed and all my joomla 1.5 sites work fine with out any problems so im guessin hostgator not sure what exactly the problem was so he just blamed it on php *shrug*

Why are you on Joomla 1.5? Isn't that version several updates behind the currently.
    Is it to maintain theme compatibility?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

looking to upgrade to 2.5 just need to find a template that works and plugins