Thread: Sr. Software Developer - Salary [HELP!]

Default Sr. Software Developer - Salary [HELP!]

So I'd like to make an offer on a job for Sr. Software Developer, but I don't wanna high ball myself out of the job, and on the other hand I don't wanna undervalue myself.

I've been trying to do some market research for this role locally, but this information is very difficult to acquire. Can anyone give a range of what these roles are expected to pay?
    P.S. I'm trying to get the most accurate information as possible i.e. no guesses

Other information:
    Company: prominent multinational corporation with local office, that report into a US location
    Job description: designing and developing new info. systems, upgrading older tools with new tech. debugging and fixing existing apps etc reporting to Director
    My Exp & Qual: 5 yrs software design/development exp. in both web and desktop applications in many languages; DB Mgmt; currently pursuing Masters in IT (specializing in Enterprise Software Mgmt)
    Owned:
    >> Samsung Galaxy Note 3; LG Optimus G; Nexus 4; Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos
    << Microsoft Surface RT; Dell Venue 8; Asus Transformer

Its more than likely a trap. its better you get them to give you an offer of how much they are willing to pay you. Then negotiate from there. You could also find out from other employees who currently work at the company. It should not be too with a little social networking and calling the right people.

Cost vary greatly based on programming language and the foreign exchange rate. Even the amount of people that you are supervising. I suggest do some research on the company or similar companies in the area (even similar positions in the company) but getting a base line quote from them is a much better place to start. They have budgets.