Thread: Microsoft Preparing Free Xbox Live?

Default Microsoft Preparing Free Xbox Live?

A day after the blockbuster news, first reported by Giant Bomb, that Microsoft was orchestrating a full retreat from their original plans to limit user access to content and require daily connectivity to their servers to play games, EGM has learned from a source that the company is now contemplating additional moves to create parity with Sony’s PlayStation 4.

One of these considerations—which the source said is being discussed—is to bundle the Xbox One with a free period of Xbox Live Gold and provide other incentives that, in light of Sony’s announcement that they will begin charging for online multiplayer, would bridge the price difference between the two consoles. “The cost [of Xbox One] will be comparable to PlayStation 4 after all the multiplayer costs are factored in,” the source indicated.
    http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...ree-xbox-live/

Wait what?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

good for sony. They deserve to get served some for the paid for multiplayer
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Never going to happen. These were the same guys saying that used games was costing them to lose revenue.

Microsoft details its Games With Gold initiative

Microsoft has detailed its two-free-games-a-month initiative for Xbox Live Gold members by clarifying that a new title will be added on the 1st and 16th of every month.

Only one game will be available at a time, but once you download a title it will stay connected to your account as a past purchase, meaning it will be retrievable at a later date should you decide to delete it.

"Each specially selected, fan-favorite game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they're gone and keep them no matter what," noted Microsoft on its official site.

The current selection is Fable 3, which will be removed at the end of the month when either Halo 3 or Assassin's Creed 2 will take its place.
    sounds good. all for this
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Yuh si di benefits of competition?!
    I wish the local market was like this; service providers clamouring over each other for my money.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

lol MS plan to try bridging the price gap? They have $100 to make up as it is, free live will only save $60 for the moment, so call it $450 vs $500, how they going to make up that $50?

Plus those games MS giving free seem so old, and they call PS+ out for giving old games free that came out the year before. Those offerings look over 3 years old.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry