Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    What you mean by that? No installing, no patches?
    no installing, no patching, straight emulation from disc. seriously, the ps2 came out ages ago. they gotta figure it out by now. I know they won't do it ut tts my pipe dream.

Well they could and should esp if they stop PS2 production. You could just purchase or even get an emulator from PSN.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

They didn't do it on PS2 cause it wasn't really an option, since HDD wasn't standard. They had the hard drive requirement actually for a few games, Final Fantasy 12 I think.

Things may never go back to those days, with hard drives came the option to retroactively fix games, so games will almost never be shipped "complete" now by these publishers.

Remember DLC is a good thing for us, no more need to input cheat codes to unlock whole new games or modes. Cheat codes are unfair to the achievement hunters on the network anyway. Its much fairer for all users, young and old, rich and poor, buy EA's "Time Saver" pack to unlock all those items and cars you want for only $6.99 or 1200 MS Points. [/s]
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

Remember DLC is a good thing for us, no more need to input cheat codes to unlock whole new games or modes. Cheat codes are unfair to the achievement hunters on the network anyway. Its much fairer for all users, young and old, rich and poor, buy EA's "Time Saver" pack to unlock all those items and cars you want for only $6.99 or 1200 MS Points.
    lol, oh the good old days of cheat codes. now we have to pay for them. The games are so boring and easy nowadays that it doesn't even matter anymore.

I don't think DLC is inherently evil. Lair of the Shadow Broker, for instance was a great transition from Mass Effect 2 to 3, but I do agree that it has been greatly abused this gen. I remember having high hopes for DLC when it was first announced; finally console gamers could get expansion packs, too! Besides Skyrim and Dragon Age, few games actually used it that way, though.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

I think the Xbone1 proves that somethings should not be applied to consoles. And systems that work on PC should not be ported over to consoles and visa versa. We are no in a big soup of technology. Some things are separate for a reason. Getting a completed game with cheats and hidden stuff is a thing that made console games great. All this DLC junk is a cash grab. What does the future hold for the ps4? only time will tell. Probably everything will become F2P farmville.

What you mean by that? No installing, no patches?

Preordered mine on amazon and got the 'launch day edition' as well. Saw they just put out some new bundles today for $500 that comes with Killzone or Battlefield 4 and a year of PS+, save $10. Other bundles are $460 with a game, no saving really, but its the only way to get a launch day version now.
    Lame bundles. $510 for battlefield 4 and $10 off PS+? That's more than you'd pay if you bought that crap yourself. Those bundles are useless. Well I am not planning to buy on launch still. Will wait till summer 2014. Should have some deals by then on some of these things

Compared to the xbox launch one that comes with kinect and an extra controller.
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Compared to the xbox launch one that comes with kinect and an extra controller.
    umm.. no it doesn't. It only comes with a commemorative controller, probly has some engraving, a token for a XBL achievement, and a special cardboard box. No extra controller. You think MS would give anything away early?

umm.. no it doesn't. It only comes with a commemorative controller, probly has some engraving, a token for a XBL achievement, and a special cardboard box. No extra controller. You think MS would give anything away early?
    If they had sense they would.

Point is that them things aren't really impressive for the price. They might as well not exist ... for the consumer anyway. Sure sony will make some money off that. In the end, for some people, the initiate cost will be the same. One of them needs to drop a 399 or 499 version with a game included.
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 15, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Only thing they need to impress early is the fact that it's new. Bundles with games at a slightly reduced price won't be coming around til a year later when the new device craze dies down, everything full price til then.

You get some version of Drive Club with Plus.. probly a stripped down edition.