Thread: Gov't working with hackers; moves to boost cyber security

Default Gov't working with hackers; moves to boost cyber security

According to minister of state in the Ministry of Science, Technology, Energy and Mining Julian Robinson, the renegade step is beneficial.

"It's quite legitimate to get somebody and say go and test what I have put together (website) and see where the loopholes are so I can build a defence against it. That is commonplace in the private sector and that's not an issue, you just have to hope that the ethical hackers remain ethical," he noted.

"There are some that we are in touch with, a group of youngsters who have done some good work in identifying Government agencies that have been the subject of attack and have actually come to us and said "this has been done" even before some of the agencies know," Robinson told reporters and editors at the weekly Jamaica Observer Monday Exchange at the newspaper's Beechwood Avenue head office in St Andrew yesterday.

He, however, noted that not all hackers who regarded themselves as "ethical" have pure motives.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

our government? they should employ some of the 1337 |-|4><0R5 on this site

Quote Originally Posted by wiel View Post
    our government? they should employ some of the 1337 |-|4><0R5 on this site
    Yu dun know!!!! I am so leet!!??? No , seriously, I go on some of these Government websites and STILL see glaring XSS holes in their source. The more things change......
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/