Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2013

A cutscene in engine is no different from a cutscene video you are still looking at something you cannot interact with.

This is a cutscene from 2005;

Destiny looks like BorderLands with its weapon collecting and fetch quests. I was only impressed with the watch dogs demo. that game does not look or play like anything this or last gen.

A cutscene that is rendered realtime is different at the very least in terms of what it shows the system capable of.

checked that killzone gameplay again. It seems to be actual gameplay quality. The final sequence where he jumps on to a rope has him actually shooting while flying through the too good to be true city. Had forgotten how it went

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    A cutscene that is rendered realtime is different at the very least in terms of what it shows the system capable of.

checked that killzone gameplay again. It seems to be actual gameplay quality. The final sequence where he jumps on to a rope has him actually shooting while flying through the too good to be true city. Had forgotten how it went

Hsst.....................
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Its funny that you use Killzone Skyfall trailer when its the trailer for the same game killzone 2 that was used to show the power of the ps3 when at launch;

My point is trailers are pretty but they are not gameplay, its a movie. Even if its running in engine you still just watching it. I prefer when the show clips of gameplay instead of cutscenes like the majority of the XboxOne Trailers. But I digress, everything is a movie nowadays. It needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Its funny that you use Killzone Skyfall trailer when its the trailer for the same game killzone 2 that was used to show the power of the ps3 when at launch;

My point is trailers are pretty but they are not gameplay, its a movie. Even if its running in engine you still just watching it. I prefer when the show clips of gameplay instead of cutscenes like the majority of the XboxOne Trailers. But I digress, everything is a movie nowadays. It needs to stop.
    Trailers can be gameplay. that particular trailer wasn't gameplay very obviously. It doesn't "play" like a fps. The man was dodging bullets in one scene... Of course it can trick people but the killzone trailer I post is nothing like that kz2 one. They've shown 2 actual gameplay trailers now

Some final fantasy 15 gameplay

real nice. That's proper next gen. Definitely shows that the kz3 stuff at the end is possible on the ps4. Same very detailed backgrounds and reflections used freely. I guess they just have a lot of power to work with now. Ah, 8GB memory. They can just put that stuff there
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
    All rights reserved.

Yes the FF15 stuff looked really sharp and bright and have a epic scale.

I think scale, FOV and draw distance will be what we gain most from this new generation. And hopefully less loading time. here is some nintendo stuff;

ps4 ad supposedly. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ource=facebook

All I was thinking was "I hope all this crap doesn't reduce the resources for the game to run on" All the uploading, cross-chatting, video recording, downloading while playing multiplayer etc etc. PC gamers like turning off background processes that might be a problem so this... doesn't sit right. They'll allocate more of the system resources to the OS for that stuff. Can be fun though.
    All rights reserved.

so many memes in that video, cannot even count them. girl impulse buys killzone based on a text msg from 2 guys while sitting in a coffee shop? lolz, the future is here!

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    so many memes in that video, cannot even count them. girl impulse buys killzone based on a text msg from 2 guys while sitting in a coffee shop? lolz, the future is here!
    yeah I hate ads. The fakeness makes me cringe. This may suggest some co-op in killzone but a lot of the crap in their just not logical.
    All rights reserved.

I think Sony said that the background downloads and stuff run on a separate chip IIRC. It may use some of the RAM, though, but really how much impact could that have? There's 8gigs of it. Even in a PC that's more than you'll need for years (unless you're editing video and stuff), and the PS4 OS will have a much smaller footprint than windows.
    No one expects the Inquisition.