Thread: 4G on Lime - Samsung S4

Default 4G on Lime - Samsung S4

Does anyone know if the S4 sold by Lime supports 4g data speeds? Currently only seeing 3g (in Kingston) and speed tests max out at 700k download speeds.

Seeing coming soon at their website so not sure. http://www.lime.com/4G/

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html

At one point they were advertising checking it out a specified retail stores. So answer is I don't know.

I want to know the info too.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

I know they havent officially launched as yet, but the thing is I was able to get a "4g" signal indicator and a much faster speed test on a s3 ( not from lime) in the same spot. Makes me wonder if its something specific to the model that lime sells or if they are restricting the speeds

Quote Originally Posted by joetechs View Post
    Does anyone know if the S4 sold by Lime supports 4g data speeds? Currently only seeing 3g (in Kingston) and speed tests max out at 700k download speeds.
    All i9500 supports 3.5G (21Mbps max theoretical) which is what LIME is calling 4G

If you want LTE (true 4G 100Mbps max theoretical) you will have to find out if the S4 LIME sells is the i9505... which I doubt.

Simply put... if you see 3G from LIME it maybe that they have a coverage or signal strength or quality problem in that area and are only able to supply "UMTS speeds" (3G UMTS 384 kbps max theoretical)

When your -dbm or signal strength increases YOU MAY see it go up to H (7.2Mbps) and then H+ (21Mbps)
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    All i9500 supports 3.5G (21Mbps max theoretical) which is what LIME is calling 4G

If you want LTE (true 4G 100Mbps max theoretical) you will have to find out if the S4 LIME sells is the i9505... which I doubt.

Simply put... if you see 3G from LIME it maybe that they have a coverage or signal strength or quality problem in that area and are only able to supply "UMTS speeds" (3G UMTS 384 kbps max theoretical)

When your -dbm or signal strength increases YOU MAY see it go up to H (7.2Mbps) and then H+ (21Mbps)
    To be more specific the AT&T model. Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 model
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Been getting "H" now and the download speed goes up to 1500 to 2000 k.