Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will BB lose customers?

Not a fan of touch screen plus android phones are too big to hold in the pants pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    Not a fan of touch screen plus android phones are too big to hold in the pants pocket.
    Ahh ok then, im not one to judge but my 4.7 inch one x hold in mine with my wallet and house keys with lots of pants room left. just saying.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

@techmenace........Tight pants?????????? Prolly need a looser fitting pants
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    @techmenace........Tight pants?????????? Prolly need a looser fitting pants
    I have a one pair of skinners known as 'suicides' and my s3 fits nicely, and how can he not like touchscreen phones? That is barbaric!! Even back when I was a bb fan boy the best experience was that on the touch screen phones as the torch and most notably the bold 5,scrolling on a Web page with a trackpad/trackball was ridiculous, I have owned 9 different blackberry models and I would not switch back, I have considered giving bb10 a test run, but not as a primary device tho, with SwiftKey the typing experience is pretty much on par and the word suggestions is out of this world as SwiftKey memorizes your typing patterns. This dude needs to come out of the pass, and come July, the old excuse of android/iOS not having bbm will be null and void, as a matter of fact I'm doing this on my s3 rite now, let him tell us when he can do that comfortably on his pre-BB10 blackberry
    Last edited by interkaiser44; May 30, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    I have a one pair of skinners known as 'suicides' and my s3 fits nicely, and how can he not like touchscreen phones? That is barbaric!! Even back when I was a bb fan boy the best experience was that on the touch screen phones as the torch and most notably the bold 5,scrolling on a Web page with a trackpad/trackball was ridiculous, I have owned 9 different blackberry models and I would not switch back, I have considered giving bb10 a test run, but not as a primary device tho, with SwiftKey the typing experience is pretty much on par and the word suggestions is out of this world as SwiftKey memorizes your typing patterns. This dude needs to come out of the pass, and come July, the old excuse of android/iOS not having bbm will be null and void, as a matter of fact I'm doing this on my s3 rite now, let him tell us when he can do that comfortably on his pre-BB10 blackberry
    I use to check up on this site on my 9860. It was ok, but the screen size was another thing. I find my s3 fit in my pocket (back and front) perfectly. It doesnt slide around at all. Futhermore, i hardly keep my phone in my pocket cuz i fear the screen might get cracked when sitting (even when its in my front pocket).

Quote Originally Posted by frazbox View Post
    I use to check up on this site on my 9860. It was ok, but the screen size was another thing. I find my s3 fit in my pocket (back and front) perfectly. It doesnt slide around at all. Futhermore, i hardly keep my phone in my pocket cuz i fear the screen might get cracked when sitting (even when its in my front pocket).
    I used to have a 9860 too hated that phone lol, in terms of Web browsing it was the best bb, but the onscreen keyboard sucked!!!!! I didn't mean to say that bb's couldn't come on techja, but the experience was awful, the rendering was mediocre and overall a comparatively dissatisfying experience. I always keep my s3 in my front pocket and never worried about the screen breaking, the only time I put it in my back pocket is when my earphones are plugged in and it's easier to take out a phone from your back pocket. I don't own a car so when I'm not at home my phone is in my pocket 90% percent of the time, phones are meant for pockets bro, especially front pockets, have no fear bro
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

jomo Guest

i love my z10 touch screen, just that it has NOTHING TO OFFER *when compared to the latest androids*

if it was last year...

wed LOVE IT

if i didnt have friends like cultus to show me what android can do and didnt own one myself, even though it was a crappy skyrocket, id LOVE my z10

however it is a friggin retarded phone when you think of what IT COULD BE for instance if it had android os

IN MY OPINION THE ONLY THING THAT CAN REMOTELY SAVE BLACKBERRY IS IF THEY INTEGRATE AN ANDROID OS ONTO THEIR PHONES WITH BB FEATURES

and thats a long shot

i cant wait for bbm to be released to android so i can buy one and sell my z10 for dog food or barber money

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    i love my z10 touch screen, just that it has NOTHING TO OFFER *when compared to the latest androids*

if it was last year...

wed LOVE IT

if i didnt have friends like cultus to show me what android can do and didnt own one myself, even though it was a crappy skyrocket, id LOVE my z10

however it is a friggin retarded phone when you think of what IT COULD BE for instance if it had android os

IN MY OPINION THE ONLY THING THAT CAN REMOTELY SAVE BLACKBERRY IS IF THEY INTEGRATE AN ANDROID OS ONTO THEIR PHONES WITH BB FEATURES

and thats a long shot

i cant wait for bbm to be released to android so i can buy one and sell my z10 for dog food or barber money
    Jomo, it is now Google's time to reign. The BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian and Windows Era are DONE!! Their lifecycle has come to an end. What is going to happen is the competition is going to have to re-invent themselves and come with something fresh to once again Rock the world like iOS did in 2007. This is something I have said would happen long before some of the "slow ones" here even picked up on it because they were/are still in denial. Always remember don't judge or base your perceptions about technological trends based on what you see happening in Jamaica or the Caribbean. We are just a drop in the bucket when compared to the World. The competition will rise up eventually, but not now....because Android is still rising, Android is still yet to realize its full & true potential and while this is happening for Android the competition will slowly but gradually dwindle into a state of dormancy...perfect example is iOS..... iOS has not offered anything revolutionary since 2007. it's the perfect "One Hit Wonder"... BlackBerry tried a thing with the Z10 and their new OS... but its just not enough to compel a hardcore techie like myself... and trust me, if I am not wowed then the idea, concept and product is just a Flop....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

well to the topic at hand

loss of customers will depend on whether or not bb integrates full bbm into the other OSes
    with the new features coming out such as bbm channels and such then best option was to go crossplatform
    i think their plan is to knock all mesengers out and even take a shot at social media

techies dont forget bb is software company and thats still their primary market especially with them owning qnx software
    and to be honest except for windows mobile, bb10 is the only company to recently revamp their software and come with some innovation

as to what will happen come summer or for the next year, time will tell
    with good implementation and a solid marketing strategy it could go in their favor

just my 2 cents
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

Ok its official. If Mr. "Android is too technical and is for you nerds" Jomo, Blackberry's #1 Disciple, is ready to jump ship its all over. Nothing more needs to be said in this thread. Case Closed