Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The XBOX One

I used to think the same way, Semi, but these days games don't come with manuals, and the box and disc artworks are terrible. I still have most of my PS3 games on disc, but I have a fair amount as digital downloads, and scrolling through a list to pick something to play is a lot more convenient than waiting a disk to spin up.

EDIT: As for the XBox, I'm not impressed. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm not, never have been, and probably never will be MS' target audience. The controller looks nice, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Makkah; May 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

If they couldn't pirate and had to buy everything they used on the phone, they wouldn't buy the phone.
    So you need a 500 dollar phone to play a 5 dollar game? Why not buy a slightly cheaper phone, so that you can afford the game. You know, like how you sacrifice to buy that 64GB sd card to store your pirated games on? Anything after 300 dollars is just to impress the other nerds with. Simple as. The real question is why do they value hardware more than they value software? Is it because hardware is tactile? And will this change if FPGA type blank chips become mainstream?

Stop with the silly examples. Games like that are obviously going to get pirated.
    Forgive me. I don't see why that would be so obvious.

It's a complicated situation that you are oversimplifying, but, like I said, the bigger issue was people buying used games with the companies being out of the loop.
    Aren't older games sold as discounted digital downloads? Or do they sell used digital downloads now? I don't get the complication. One set people spend a lot of time and energy making something with the expectation of financial reward. Another set feel entitled to those people's work, without having to pay for it.

Similarly some of these consoles are just not worth it to some people unless they can pirate games for them. At the end of the day both the hardware companies and the software companies would lose if those people cant be kept interested.
    Why would the software companies lose? Them pirates ain't paying shiznit.

exaggerating is fun I guess. Most of these "nerds" probably don't reach a grand with their PCs and they most likely can't spend much on $60 games afterwards. Stop with the silly examples.
    A trip to IsoHunt to check the Crysis 2 seeds shows them at over 170,000. Considering you need a top end (500+ dollar) GPU to play it, combined with proper mobo and processor, you already touched 1 grand. That's just core components - no memory , hard drive, or monitor.

Here's some comments from a Crysis 2 2011 torrent.

Works great. Runs smooth (30-40fps) with extreme graphics and 1920x1080resolution on gtx460.
    I was wondering any can help me. Im able to install and run ... I had to power off the computer or it wouldn't respond.

My spec

I7 740qm
    4gig ram
    Ati mobility HD 5850 with cataylst 11.4beta driver
    That mobile quad core was found on 1500+ dollar laptops at the time.

PFFFT I cant get the game to work for me. Its not a lack of power in my computer.

Core I5 760 @ 3.9ghz
    4GB DDR3 ram
    Nvidia GTX580
    1000Watt PSU
    A 500 dollar graphics card

Was having issues w/ SLI, it was not using both GPU's evenly. Updated SLI Profile and problem solved. Just look for SLI profile update link here:
    2 GPUs and a SLI mobo. 1000 dollars already.

DAMN GUYS ****ING SEEED DONT BE SELFISH THIS TORRENT IS DAMN SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
    Some LOLIRONY.

When your friends build the chalice and you come along and smoke half of it, there are consequences
    When you go and and buy pum-pum, and don't want to pay for it, there are consequences
    When you go and steal cheap flour, to make fried dumplings using a 100,000 dollar Courts stove on hire purchase, and get caught, there are consequences.

So you consistently steal games on x86-64, cutting into expensive R and D budgets,as well as loss making games (big budget games usually absorb the losses of poor sellers), you must expect consequences. And price you must pay is that everything is going up to Teh Cloudz.

Don't get me wrong. I like to take things without paying too. The problem starts when people try to morally justify stealing people's things. They don't even attempt to buy the game used as some sort of penance. The nerds have become as amoral as the faceless corporations they claim to oppose. And so they get the console they deserve.
    Last edited by Satanforce; May 23, 2013 at 04:56 AM.
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/

I don't even get your constant bickering about the cloud. The console does not use the cloud in any sense of what you are talking about afaik. Having to install games from discs is not using "teh cloudz". Neither is having to verify software by connecting to a server.

There is also your misguided concept of "stealing". since we like them interweb links

http://www.geekosystem.com/mpaa-chri...-piracy-theft/

Calling it theft or stealing is emotional language and inaccurate. Its unauthorized use, copyright infringement, piracy. w/e else.

A few examples

1. are easy to find for all cases
    2. don't give a full story on the person. For all you know he has a legit copy sitting down somewhere unopened. Some of these games work better pirated than official.

You are somewhat clueless about PC gaming. You don't need a $500 GPU to play crysis 2 or even 3. My GPU is a few years old and right now sits at ~$100 and runs these games fine. It has never cost more than $200.

I don't understand your reply to used games being a problem. People like to defend it, but its an obvious target for these companies. They want the control of their content past the initial sale.

Something that puts a dent in your "Why would the software companies lose? Them pirates ain't paying shiznit." is this:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...est-customers/ - pirates buy more

I know for a fact some of the pirates here buy things here and there. I already also explained the hardware situation to you. Hardware is justified if you can supply it with content. Having to pay significantly for software every time you wanted to check something out would simply turn people off bothering with a game system or gaming computer.

Of course this is not the only case. There will be the rich guy that could easily buy his games that pirates all the time (though I suspect those guys would buy often as well since they simply can and official has benefits). It aint black and white
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

See there are too sides here.

Used Games
    A used game is just like a used car. Capitalist video game companies feel the need to burden paying customers who choose to wait until the games reach a low price to buy them. Its the same concept with stocks and bonds except they want you to buy them used. The company DOES NOT OWN THE CUSTOMERS. They have no right to hold them hostage or change the aggress model of sales to a rental agreement. When something is bought physically, there is the implication that it is yours (some people thing this of virtual goods too, lol at those who bought stuff on xbox360). Customers who really on used games will simply no buy a console that does not allow them to save money this way. You are being fooled into believing that you cannot resell something that has value to you. Its a new capitalist age we are living in. Companies want to rent you stuff instead of giving it to you because they know that people who are forever sucking on the tit are easier to control and monetize. Once a game is published very few people see additional revenue except the publishers and they are greedy and want to keep prices high into infinity.

crap I went off into a rant..full post here

As for me i think its a nice piece of hardware and i am not even to worried about not being able to play borrowed games or old ones and connecting to the internet every 24hrs
    i know it wont be long after it start selling before someone finds away around all Microsoft red tapes.
    I am str88,no curves no bends.
    nokia rocks(iphone too)

21.5 emachice 1080p .... intel core 2 quad q6600 ... 4gig ocz memory ....h/d 320g....gpu ati hd 5750 1gddr5..m/B..intel

back in the day when all games used cartridges with no hard drive to store games no way to burn or copy games what did everyone do. buy and borrow trade
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

here is the summation of all the opinions hard core gamers have towards the new scheme MS is trying to implement

1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Calling it theft or stealing is emotional language and inaccurate. Its unauthorized use, copyright infringement, piracy. w/e else.

Having to pay significantly for software every time you wanted to check something out would simply turn people off bothering with a game system or gaming computer.
    Then read a review. Or try it out in the store first. Or watch a Youtube video. I buyl ots of things without trying them out first. Like food, and clothes online, or underwear at Carby's.

For all you know he has a legit copy sitting down somewhere unopened. Some of these games work better pirated than official.
    And that makes it right? You buy a game, you enter into a EULA. Even then, the crack group could simply release a patch that allows one to remove said undesirable feature from the game. The fact they don't shows that they and the torrent site have ulterior motives. Like making money from the various advertisements that are frequently shown on those torrent sites.

Something that puts a dent in your "Why would the software companies lose? Them pirates ain't paying shiznit." is this:
    Yeah . Right. They said the same things about anime.

Indeed, the three men in the group all had money to burn, and they had no problem spending it when they saw something of value. "Tell your lawyer this," said Otaku1. "I have seriously considered buying a series from Japan, with English subs, on Blu-ray, for $400 versus buying the Bandai DVD copy for $80."
    See how that worked out.

The problem is not the major corporations. It's effect on the small guys. Remember, if Jamaica is to become more than a call center hub, we are going to have to make value added things. Meaning apps by small teams like the people who make World of Goo

World of Goo's creator has stated that he's seen torrent sites with 500 seeders and 300 leechers. On the plus side, he also has a few emails from people who said they pirated the game, but then went ahead and bought it. These emails are not exactly frequent, however.
    Neither is having to verify software by connecting to a server.
    Well, yes, that is using Teh Cloudz - an asychronous, always on, online service that is necessary for the function of some or all of a particular software. In order to make money, the Big Softs (Facebook, GOOG, MS, Sony etc) have switched from Software as Product, to Software as Service.

The fact is, this is the future of hardware (for the next 8 years). It is hardware created in response to people born in an era where paying for things is a foreign idea. The good thing is that I see a Golden Age occurring after this - think the '99 - '02 days with MGS1, FF7, StarFox, Ocarina of Time, the DreamCast catalog, Halo, Goldeneye, Capcom vs., SF Alpha, SNK, all of that good stuff. Its a shame we'll have to endure abominations like this 'XBOX One' first.
    Last edited by Satanforce; May 24, 2013 at 06:39 AM.

@Satanforce lol thieves here and all over the internet who pirate know that they are stealing, but fact is a non religious mind is naturally programmed to tell it self that it is the good guy. and since the concept of stealing is bad the mind creates ways to call it something else so it can feel good.

You have done everything possible but people wil still not admit that it is stealing dont feel bad about it when they don't admit.

i have always admitted when I used to pirate/steal

I love the way Skidrow includes that please use this software as a demo and if you like it please suport the company by buying it.

that comment on their torrents made me acknowledge that i was just another pirate bay thief and i now use skidrow as test demo and I do now buy games after I test them.

Most funny thing however is that Free 2 Play games like league of legends has some people paying hundreds of dollars on skins and some of those same people who I know would find it hard to pay $10 if you had to pay to Play LOL..LOL
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...vealed-6408850

wow...

The system will reportedly work as such: consumers can trade in physical Xbox One game discs only at retailers that have agreed to Microsoft's terms and conditions and have integrated the company's cloud-enabled Azure preowned technology into their own.

The traded in title is then registered on Microsoft's systems as having been re-sold and the data files will be cleared from their Xbox One account. Such a system would explain Microsoft's position that the Xbox One must "check in" with its servers once every 24 hours.

Retailers are then able to re-sell the used game at whatever price point they see fit. As part of this initiative, the publisher of the game will automatically receive a cut of the sale, along with Microsoft. The rest is revenue for the retailer.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry