Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The XBOX One

@Makkah Do you know how many games were released in 2012? its clocking over 500. This year it will probably be 600. But you missed my point so I don't know.

No, I got your point (I think), the market is over-saturated. I'm just saying all parties are guilty. I think it's actually more a third party thing, though, with annualized franchises like CoD, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Madden and the like. Also, even though there are so many games being released, not many of them are that compelling IMO, which makes buying easy enough. Though I suppose if you have a "gotta catch em all" mentality I can see how it could be a problem.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Even when Nintendo was the only gaming company back in the days, they would never lose because they had the marketing thing locked from morning.

Basically games like pokemon required that you have your own copy, seeing that ofcourse they are your pokemon and you wouldn't just lend out that game to your friends to mess it up now would you? It's pretty much the same concept with multilpayer games that require a unique key to play and this brings me to wonder again why M$ doing this online check crap with their new console, when people already have to have their copy of the game to play some of their online games?

Let people be free to lend out their games cause at the end of the day, they can only play single player which is usually half the fun.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

48 games officially announced for the PS4

1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    2. Basement Crawl
    3. Battlefield 4
    4. Blacklight: Retribution [Free-to-Play]
    5. Call of Duty: Ghosts
    6. Carmageddon: Reincarnation
    7. Cyberpunk 2077
    8. DC Universe Online [Free-to-Play]
    9. Daylight
    10. Deep Down
    11. Destiny
    12. Diablo III
    13. Doki-Doki Universe [Free-to-Play]
    14. DriveClub
    15. Dying Light
    16. EA Sports UFC
    17. The Evil Within
    18. FIFA 14
    19. Final Fantasy (Untitled)
    20. Hohokum
    21. inFAMOUS: Second Son
    22. Killzone: Shadow Fall
    23. Knack
    24. Lords of the Fallen
    25. Madden NFL 25
    26. NBA 2K14
    27. NBA Live 14
    28. Need for Speed Rivals
    29. The Pinball Arcade
    30. Planetside 2 [Free-to-Play]
    31. Primal Carnage: Genesis
    32. Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
    33. Shadow Warrior
    34. Silent Enemy
    35. Skylanders Swap Force
    36. Sniper Elite 3
    37. Super Motherload
    38. Super Stardust (Untitled)
    39. (Another Housemarque game in development)
    40. Thief
    41. Tiny Brains
    42. The Walking Dead: Season 2
    43. War Thunder: Ground Forces [Free-to-Play]
    44. Warframe [Free-to-Play]
    45. Watch_Dogs
    46. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    47. The Witness
    48. Wolfenstein: The New Order
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Well i wouldn't want an xbox one even if i am getting it for free it will be a success yet but i don't want one for security and privacy reasons
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Because actively making the decision to steal something and trading with a friend are the same thing, yes? The thing is used games didn't have to be a problem, but they are for 2 reasons:

1) GameStop and GameStop-like companies - while these companies sell new games they are VERY low priority. If you go into one of these stores to buy a new game you are literally harassed by their employees into buying it used. Mi nearly tell one bredda bout him mada, one time. That's how bad it is. They undermine the new games by aggressively selling the used copies and don't the game devs a cut.

2) Game Publishers - OK, so GameStop and their ilk decided not to share the money they made from used games...so why don't you make your own entry into the second hand market? Car manufacturers do it. Thankfully, Nintendo seems to be going in this direction, and since everyone likes to copy them, hopefully other hardware and software makers will do the same.
    Yes, as far as money is concerned, "Stealing it" and trading it with a friend are the same things. You (not you you) don't get to cry about how your imagine piracy hurts the developers and gaming, then up and trade games. Odds are that this will affect the level of piracy if the consoles get hacked. These companies need to realize people don't have the cash to satisfy their appetite and if their console is going to go homo on that front, well...

btw, same blinking thing when you watch you trade movies etc. Hence some talk about devices that check how many people are watching a movie at your home. Now there is kinect.... DRM to check that is incoming. lmao. People going to have to wear disguise (think mascot) to watch movies with more than one person.

I didn't even realize how stupid one of their points were till I watched the vid above. They make a point of saying members of your family and people who live with you can actually play your games. Since when do you even have to worry about that? Is this their way of saying "we coulda put facial recognition/voice recognition, finger print recognition there to limit who plays what, but... naaaah"

If sony doesn't take the dive this generation they will miss out greatly. At this point the path to complete domination is very clear. They have the devs to make good games if developers avoid them for not having the same features. Then all the xbots will see the quality of the sony console, will get used to the controller, wont want to pay a fee to play online, they will get used to sony exclusives etc etc. This could stop the influx of fps games that xbox started imo. It would be cash cash cash for sony for years. Especially since nintendo is pretty much out of it. But you never know with these companies. They may just go the retarded route and do the same thing.
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 8, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

^^^ I don't see your point on trading games being stealing. If you are trading games with someone who has already bought the game you are trading for, there is no breaking of the law, since you are transferring rights to than person and vice versa. Its just like saying it's illegal to trade your SGS III for an iPhone and cash, even though you already paid and have the rights to own the phone because you would be depriving Samsung of the funds they would have made if the person had bought one themselves.. Based on your thinking it could then be said selling/trading anything 2nd hand is illegal (such your selling a car, selling your phone etc), as you are depriving the developers/manufacturers of the funds they "would" have "earned".

As far as I see it if i buy something I have the right to do with it as I please, whether to trade, sell it, or give it away, especially since I would be transferring the ownership rights of the product to the person and not sharing it (which can be illegal depending on the licensing agreement, sharing that is).
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jun 8, 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    ^^^ I don't see your point on trading games being stealing. If you are trading games with someone who has already bought the game you are trading for, there is no breaking of the law, since you are transferring rights to than person and vice versa. Its just like saying it's illegal to trade your SGS III for an iPhone and cash, even though you already paid and have the rights to own the phone because you would be depriving Samsung of the funds they would have made if the person had bought one themselves.. Based on your thinking it could then be said selling/trading anything 2nd hand is illegal (such your selling a car, selling your phone etc), as you are depriving the developers/manufacturers of the funds they "would" have "earned".

As far as I see it if i buy something I have the right to do with it as I please, whether to trade, sell it, or give it away, especially since I would be transferring the ownership rights of the product to the person and not sharing it (which can be illegal depending on the licensing agreement, sharing that is).
    Never called it stealing. The perceived effect is the same is my point. Hence why all the noise about used games. It was simply a point about all the piracy haters being no better in the eyes of the publishers.

btw the difference between piracy being illegal and second hand use being legal is really arbitrary. The legality of these things can change easily. Remember that piracy is not actually theft, it is unauthorized use. Used games CAN become unauthorized use and therefore the same thing. The person you lent it to under that particular situation would be considered a "thief"/"stealing" by the thinking some demonstrate here and elsewhere. In that case you could even have cracks developed to allow you to lend out your games to people. Would any of you then feel justified?
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 8, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I don't think Semi was implying that you are stealing by trading. It sounds like he's saying they both deprive devs of money, so people who trade don't have any grounds to criticize those that pirate. I don't agree with that at all though because once you've bought something legally you are free to sell and trade it as you see fit. Downloading and enjoying a game with no intention whatsoever of paying for it is another story. If you are unsure if you want to sink $60 into a game, try a demo, watch some youtube videos, read some reviews etc.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    Never called it stealing. The perceived effect is the same is my point. Hence why all the noise about used games. It was simply a point about all the piracy haters being no better in the eyes of the publishers.

btw the difference between piracy being illegal and second hand use being illegal is really arbitrary. The legality of these things can change easily. Remember that piracy is not actually theft, it is unauthorized use. Used games CAN become unauthorized use and therefore the same thing. The person you lent it to under that particular situation would be considered a "thief"/"stealing" by the thinking some demonstrate here and elsewhere. In that case you could even have cracks developed to allow you to lend out your games to people. Would any of you then feel justified?
    Publishers are just making it worse for themselves as the basis of what consoles were made around was portable and easy gaming. Wanted to play a game by your friends house, just bring your game disk or cartridge and use their console. The mess publishers are going to make is going push people away big time. I don't want to have to move my whole console (or depend on an Internet connection) to go to a friends house who has the same console just to play a game or two and I already bought the damn thing.

They just made PC gaming more attractive. If they have an issue with me doing as i please with a game I already paid for thats their problem, but I won't let them have my right to do as I please with stuff i purchased just because they feel they can stiff the consumers. This is one dude who is voting with his $$$. I went years without a console and can keep doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    I don't think Semi was implying that you are stealing by trading. It sounds like he's saying they both deprive devs of money, so people who trade don't have any grounds to criticize those that pirate. I don't agree with that at all though because once you've bought something legally you are free to sell and trade it as you see fit. Downloading and enjoying a game with no intention whatsoever of paying for it is another story. If you are unsure if you want to sink $60 into a game, try a demo, watch some youtube videos, read some reviews etc.
    Precisely...

Or do as I do and wait till it hits the bargain bins... not all games have demos, those stuff are rare these days for many games. I know many people who download a game from a a torrent site to test it and if they like it, they go and buy it. That in particular is somewhat of a gray area . Torrenting the game and not paying for it now yea...

Example I wanted the new Tomb Raider and decided I didn't want to pay $50-$60 on it, I just waited it out got it earlier this week for $16