Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The XBOX One

This is you: "I don't care if rights that I once had are being taken away because I am not affected by these particular rights being taken away."

These are reasonable people: "Hey, this doesn't affect me, personally, but I'm a rational person and understand that I should have these rights. Furthermore, there will be people affected negatively by these rights taken away. I am not a completely self-centered. Thus, I take issue."

Quote Originally Posted by alliance4life View Post
    Find another means of entertainment, I'd recommend crab fishing but I've never done it before.

A console only having one main feature in this day and age is pure madness. I'm not going to spend money on a console that mainly focuses on games, because that's not all I do. Maybe you would like if phones were still phones and lack all the smart features, you're such a backward thinking person.

Another thing, you seem to forget that whatever the PC does, Consoles follow after. DRM is here to stay so as I said before, exit gaming or get a Wii U, you and everyone else will be fine.
    You have not provided any answers to my questions. And not anywhere did I state a Console should have one function so to say I am backward thinking when I am asking questions about how future system will operate shows lack of comprehension on your part. So I guess your exactly the type of customer these future consoles are looking for. And to use your analogy about phones..... if the core function of a phone (To make Calls) is removed or is tedious to use let see how you enjoy making calls.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    You have not provided any answers to my questions. And not anywhere did I state a Console should have one function so to say I am backward thinking when I am asking questions about how future system will operate shows lack of comprehension on your part. So I guess your exactly the type of customer these future consoles are looking for. And to use your analogy about phones..... if the core function of a phone (To make Calls) is removed or is tedious to use let see how you enjoy making calls.
    You haven't asked a question that needs my answer. Fist of all, my piracy claims were in general and not directed at any one group. And your question regarding the 24hrs and if most games will be beatable in that time frame is a nonsense question. I see that you're going along the lines of offline play, but it is still a nonsense question. You speak as someone who play games but lack understanding where the gaming industry is concerned.

The statement in the bold tag above also doesn't make sense. Have you forgotten that despite the Xbox One entertainment features it is still a gaming console? The core function of the Xbox One is still there and in no way tedious to use, so where is this analogy of yours going?

Well, I'll be getting a PS4 and I'm not even considering the Xbone. Sony always has better exclusives, I don't watch a lot of (cable) TV - I stream, and frankly I'm not so lazy that I can't hit the input button on my remote. =\ I don't have a dog in the used games race, but I see why people are upset. During high school I bought and sold games through friends and in University I got them through eBay... I'd never be able to do that with the new XBox. While I have no doubt Sony has dubious plans of their own (they wouldn't be so quiet otherwise), it's not going to be always online which is all I care about. Servers go down and they also get taken down, I'm not comfortable with the notion that my games may not work in 10 years.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by alliance4life View Post
    Find another means of entertainment, I'd recommend crab fishing but I've never done it before.

A console only having one main feature in this day and age is pure madness. I'm not going to spend money on a console that mainly focuses on games, because that's not all I do. Maybe you would like if phones were still phones and lack all the smart features, you're such a backward thinking person.

Another thing, you seem to forget that whatever the PC does, Consoles follow after. DRM is here to stay so as I said before, exit gaming or get a Wii U, you and everyone else will be fine.
    DRM has not a damn thing to do with features and yes the main draw of consoles is gaming. People wouldn't bother buying a machine that is that much geared for gaming just to mostly do some other crap. Unless the thing is going to replace your receiver it's a waste of space if not for the gaming features. Actual media centers are much smaller and use less power (WDTV for example). A console that plays movies etc is good but I have kinda realized that I won't use it for that stuff. Why would I turn on something like that just to mess around? As a DVD player, bluray player, sure... since I don't want to buy one of those. But to watch TV? no. Wouldnt even use it to watch movies from a harddrive if I could. Way too much extra baggage included just to watch movies and TV.

Their DRM isn't for piracy as I have said. Not mainly anyway. They want to control used games and the like. They see money there that they aren't getting a cut of. My bet would be that piracy will continue on these things maybe even more than the last generation. Last xbox u had to have a modded disc drive iirc, this one you can play full games off HDD. If they crack that and a couple other things its gg. Also without the security that was in the cell CPU for the ps3, maybe the ps4 can be hacked more easily (assuming that's the reason for all the hardship hackers had). Now they are using regular ol' x86. Once that gets hacked I'm in.

Its funny how some gamers get on their high horses and cry about pirates when they engage in second hand trading on the regular. Like that hurts nobody while piracy does.
    Last edited by semitop; Jun 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

You haven't asked a question that needs my answer. Fist of all, my piracy claims were in general and not directed at any one group. And your question regarding the 24hrs and if most games will be beatable in that time frame is a nonsense question. I see that you're going along the lines of offline play, but it is still a nonsense question. You speak as someone who play games but lack understanding where the gaming industry is concerned.

The statement in the bold tag above also doesn't make sense. Have you forgotten that despite the Xbox One entertainment features it is still a gaming console? The core function of the Xbox One is still there and in no way tedious to use, so where is this analogy of yours going?
    The Core function of a GAMING console is to play GAMES if your system cannot connect to the internet after 24 hours you cannot play ANY GAMES (online Multiplayer or Single player campaign) hence the core function of a gaming console does not exits at that point. This is what Microsoft's latest release says. It can only play Blu-Ray and DVDs and watch TV through it. It is like cell phone in an area with no signal the core function is non existent which is to make a calls and communicate. If you do not understand that I cannot help you.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Microsoft employees being paid to post Reddit propaganda on Xbox One
    et us start with a quote you may recognize from Batman: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...nitoring_this/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/HailCorporat...ox_one_reveal/

Just taking a look at these two posts. Although it can't be falsified completely it does appear like Microsoft is indeed paying it's employees to post on Reddit pretending to be average Joes defending the Xbox One.

Lets look at the evidence. Numnerous people have been rasing suspicions of such activity and this is a well known corporate move as one of the posters describes. It's ironic that the Microsoft employee accused has a Nintendo reference in his username.
    For full info check link :http://www.bubblews.com/news/626617-...da-on-xbox-one

Its funny how some gamers get on their high horses and cry about pirates when they engage in second hand trading on the regular. Like that hurts nobody while piracy does.
    Because actively making the decision to steal something and trading with a friend are the same thing, yes? The thing is used games didn't have to be a problem, but they are for 2 reasons:

1) GameStop and GameStop-like companies - while these companies sell new games they are VERY low priority. If you go into one of these stores to buy a new game you are literally harassed by their employees into buying it used. Mi nearly tell one bredda bout him mada, one time. That's how bad it is. They undermine the new games by aggressively selling the used copies and don't the game devs a cut.

2) Game Publishers - OK, so GameStop and their ilk decided not to share the money they made from used games...so why don't you make your own entry into the second hand market? Car manufacturers do it. Thankfully, Nintendo seems to be going in this direction, and since everyone likes to copy them, hopefully other hardware and software makers will do the same.
    Last edited by Makkah; Jun 8, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Ever notice how used nintendo games are always expensive? because nintendo players keep their games and rarely trade them in. Sony and MS are making more games than people can play hence allot of used games on the market. touched on the point in my earlier post; http://owensoft.net/v4/item/1835/

The game market is over saturated!

As for techGT its damage control companies do it all the time. There are even people that actively defend shady behaviour because they like the attention that it brings on forums.

I dunno about Nintendo not oversaturating the market, Owen. They've been pimping out Mario a lot lately lol. It's a shame too because while Mario is probably their most iconic IP, they have a huge well to draw from.