Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The XBOX One

Default The XBOX One

i was patiently waiting for someone else to start the discussion about the reveal of the new XBOX One "game system" but since noone else has, i will...

Soooo... i anyone here going to purchase this when it goes to retail?
    Is anyone impressed by todays reveal or are you disappointed?

N.B. @ the mods, i chose General Discussion because in my estimation this system is a distant relative of a game console. Move this thread if necessary
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Default Xbox [d]One

If you ask me, that reveal was a disgusting failure. If you've also seen it, share your thoughts and and you can tell me some advantages of it please do.

Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

oh, was probably typing up my post when you posted this

i also see it as a failure... i was going to hold off my judgement until Sony revealed their system BUT after the press conference it changed. The truths began to come out.

The system would require someone who borrowed game disc to pay a small fee to play on a different system.
    The system needs to check in with MS at least once a hour, so an internet connection is needed.

If i was in 'Merica maybe this would work but not in JA.
    Last edited by gW33Zy; May 21, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

helllllllllllllll no

see my post from earlier was merged here

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    helllllllllllllll no

see my post from earlier was merged here
    i want Sony to follow the Reddit posts and make a note of the major gripes people have with XBOX One, then they make sure not to make these mistake on their system. By January 2014 they would have one the next-gen console wars (BTW Nintendo drop out of the war).

This xbox 360 is not a failure and will be very successful this is what alot of persons have been waiting for this is a hit in my book.
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

I pretty much share the same sentiments with everyone here, there is nothing about this that screams "I got to have that" if you are a die hard you are gonna get it anyway. But I think people are getting too caught up in this motion and touch craze. The Wii U to this point is (I wont say failure because Nintendo is the most resilient company I know) is just crap, the touch pad on the Vita is as useful as a one legged man in an butt kicking contest. And now we are seeing M$ falling for the same trap trying to pass off a next gen console without a solid pre-launch library behind it as a all in one entertainment centre thingy; this just doesnt cutting it for me.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

xbox home. Every game shown there looks like pre-rendered cgi cutscenes. tons of tv crap. fantasy football. looks like a vcr. xbox has no gamez but has live action halo mini series. disappointing event. no used games. all games install to hard drive from disk. no backward compatibility with 360 discs or store games. windows inside. 8gigs of ram.

Last edited by owen; May 21, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

The presentation is boring yes but watch what they will do summer regarding games microsoft is a trickster they have been doing this for years, but this xbox will not be a hit in jamaica because most person will not be using the smart features of xbox 360. But guess what will sell this xbox in the states the the kinect and the sports feature. most of you may not know but americans take there sports seriously and with all these added goodies they will love it. But here is it i wonder if microsoft made the new kinect backward compatible?

There is also a rumor going around that it won't be backward compatible with 360 games
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.