Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry BBM on Android and IOS

Dwl early last year when i said Blackberry was dead people laugh at me saying i was crazy wait till Z10 come out some man seh. When i told them bb was even dead in canada where it was made. Lol but what's happening now. But stay tuned and watch google and motorola the future competition of sammy
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I'm in agreement with this. At least with Android (and I guess iOS) I can see a preview of the incoming message so I can decide a response before opening the app revealing my online status. This isn't the case with the BlackBerry.
    My z10 did this even more flawlessly than android with the bb hub

But dat still nuh help me... Ios I hear you can disable the last seen crap, why don't they make it available in a paid version? I'd glady pay!!!

Anyone with my # can know when last I've been using whatsapp and more importantly MY SIM so if dem call and dem in call blocker blacklist they know I'm still using the # or my phone is on and I haven't returned or screening their call

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE! Mek mi cah sleep at night, lol

Clueless to the tech world but very interested in it

لا أحد يعرف لي

i personally think whatapp is crap bbm for me is more interactive and whenever i delete someone they really delete. bbm all the way.
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Quote Originally Posted by justblaze View Post
    i personally think whatapp is crap
    Wait... What???

Quote Originally Posted by justblaze View Post
    bbm for me is more interactive
    You've now lost me completely with that argument.
    Can you bring some more evidence of this to make your post more meaningful?
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

jomo Guest

Bbm have updates and certain little things that make it MORE interactive and social... More apps that use it recent activities in those apps easier to change pic status message broadcast ping etc etc

It is superior in a lot of ways

Anyway WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED dammit I want to change phones and can't cause I need my bbm for work group

From the time me a wait to see this happpen psshh
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries
    Powered By Toyota Racing Development Old School Ova New School
    I-Phone 5 32GB> Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 N7100 Powered By Digicel Whatsapp 876-418-1744

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    little things that make it MORE interactive and social
    List one. What you've mentioned before isn't a valid point IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is superior in a lot of ways
    Wait...What???
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Wait...What???
    This is copied from a post I made about whatsapp awhile back:

My Issues with WhatsApp:
    NOTE: I only have the BB version so I don't know whats diff with the others.

1. Tied to my phone number.
    I usually use these instant messengers as a way to vet people before I give them my actual phone number. I'll freely give out my BB Pin cuz I can easily delete and block you if I want. I'm very wary of giving out my "WhatsApp" because then they can call me whenever they want. Too personal too quick. Also means ppl who you might have given your number to for whatever reason a long time ago etc can now see ur profile pic/status etc and know when you're online etc. Sure you can block them but thats an 'opt out' system whereas BBM is 'opt in'. Also it makes people more wary of giving you their number for the same reason. However as stated before its a good way to get back in contacts u got out of touch with from before.

2. No message read indicator
    Just message delivery. However the last seen indicator is nice.

3. No notifications
    The BB version has no notifications for when people change their status or pictures. You actually have to look at each person in the list to see any difference. This has a profound effect on engagement. WhatsApp feels "boring" . When you have nothing to do you can always open up BBM and see what everyone's doing and comment on their status or pic and because of that people always come up with interesting or controversial updates because they know people will see them. Since WhatsApp is so passive people hardly change stuff because the hit rate is so low and gratification can be delayed. Make a change in BBM and a lot of ppl will notice within a few mins. Do it on WhatsApp and hours could pass before someone sees it and only because they were gonna talk to you anywayz. Don't underestimate the effect this has on engagement.

4. Slow
    It might just be the BB version but loading stuff , esp the emoticons takes time where it becomes unresponsive.

5. Too many vague emoticons
    Even if you restrict yourself to the People emoticons they're just too many of them that are only slightly different and there's no indicator of the use of each. At least with BBM the shortcuts act as descriptors for what the emoticons mean. They're also sufficiently different from each other so that each one fills a specific purpose. Yeah whatsapp has many many more but do u really want to spend the time searching through them to find the one that fits your mood precisely. Also your interpretation of what it means might differ from the recipient's just cuz they're so vague anywayz. Especially if u use a smaller font like me which has the sideeffect of squishing the emoticons up into indistinguishable blobs sometimes.

6. Remembers the last emoticon used.
    At first glance this might seem like a good thing but you quickly realise its actually a hindrance. Sure sometimes you'll use the same emoticon over and over again but usually in MY conversations I'll use different ones. Since it remembers the last one used, every time u want to use a different emoticon from the last you have to spend time figuring out where the one you want is located relative to where you are now. That takes time and concentration ESPECIALLY since they're so many. With BBM, since it starts from the same place ALL the time, I know Wink is one swipe right, Devil is 2 swipes down and 2 swipes right etc. It becomes muscle memory and efficient.

I'm sure they're others but those are what I remember off the top of my head.

jomo Guest

Wait...What???
    My yute wha wrong wid yu....... Lol, mi seh wha mi seh as my opinion yu disagree so what...