Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry to begin offering BBM as standalone app to iOS and Android this summer

Finally people can stop tell me to get a bb
    Worm di Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
    Finally people can stop tell me to get a bb
    yup.... they tell me to get a bb, i tell them get an android

jomo Guest

Frankly the only reason I have a BlackBerry still is the companies bbm group and the fact they gave me a BlackBerry Just for me ti b in it. I really can't wait fo this to be released trust me

Hmm

Imagine android users broadcasting their pin in whatsapp

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Frankly the only reason I have a BlackBerry still is the companies bbm group and the fact they gave me a BlackBerry Just for me ti b in it. I really can't wait fo this to be released trust me

Hmm

Imagine android users broadcasting their pin in whatsapp

Lol!
    Pin? Whatsapp use pin?

I thought it went off your phone number?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Pin? Whatsapp use pin?

I thought it went off your phone number?
    Meaning after BBM gets on the other platforms. I'm going to have to do some more reading into this. Will you have a portable PIN? Or will it be tied to the phone?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

jomo Guest

Good question. But more than likely it will be portable. Which would be even cooler

As I want to print some business cards with a permanent pin!! Mad!

Orrrrrr, they could just screw the pin system so it dies with their phones and just stick to the standard that whatsapp has. Makes things so much easier and simpler.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Orrrrrr, they could just screw the pin system so it dies with their phones and just stick to the standard that whatsapp has. Makes things so much easier and simpler.
    But then what good would that do? It wouldn't be a unique messenger anymore.. Remember enuh PINS are what set the BBM apart from whatsapp & any other messenger.. And I personally don't think its a good move for blackberry to do this **new word** ("commonize") the thing, but hey that's just my opinion, it will just be another useless IM in my book cause I dont have a BB anymore & STILL won't install even when it's officially released. Chances are if ppl have bbm they most likely have whatsapp as well & that's just fine with me...
    Last edited by stigy; May 15, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300) - Digicel

i'll be the first one to get this lol
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Most likely they will just use your Blackberry ID (BBID) as they have been insisting on it for some of their other services e.g. AppWorld.