Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry to begin offering BBM as standalone app to iOS and Android this summer

This is in no way suicide and probably the smartest move they've made in awhile, a bit late though.....but better late than never
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

This may not be the end for RIM but it will certainly make their phones sell less cause i know people who sold their BB and went android or iphone only to run and get another cheap BB a short while after cause they couldnt live without BBM, so i think this move will make people feel a bit more comfortable in switching since they will still have the option of using BBM.......just hope they have an option to import contacts or smn

this is a good move and i will like even more as long as data is secure going to rim and they will make money cause we or someone mite have to pay for it
    ***~~~VIRUS~~~***
    Popularity is a job; U work to get in and then work to stay in!!!!!
    Thank God i am famous DONT PLAYER HATE CONGRATULATE
    ASSOCIATES ARE FOR CONVENIENCE

They just gave up their one redeeming quality
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

jomo Guest

People people people

Anyone here use bb10?

It's not all that.....

You know i say google was crazy when they released google now for ios, but android has so many other good features, why would blackberry do this, when that is their only "good" feature crazy just crazy.
    Last edited by VRTECJA; May 14, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

http://crackberry.com/watch-crackberry-live-show
    theyre about to video call the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    BlackBerry z10 for sale!!!!!!

Lol

I have waited for thus sat trust meeeeee

Now I just need a decent android phone

Leaning towards the htc one
    Quote Originally Posted by jahman182 View Post
    MORE QUOTES FROM THE WEB

Caan go wrong wid a HTC One. Good all round android device and designed to last a lifetime. Just keep in mind you can't take out the battery but they optimized the battery life on it so once yuh keep it charged yuh good.

It’s clear BlackBerry is finally waking up. They are no longer the big dog in the mobile war. If they are to survive, the company needs to forge new relationships and learn to work well with the two reigning platforms. This move to put BBM on Android and iOS is a big step forward. BlackBerry might actually have a chance.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bbm...05-14-11173451

What's your feeling on the move by Blackberry????/
    I knew Blackberry was going to fail eventually, especially since their apps are so dam lame and can't get any decent games on it (my main reason for hating bb). I always telling people that bbm is just a promoted IM from Digicel as there were lots of messenger apps out there already that were even better than it or did the same job and could have been used on multiple devices before whatsapp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    This may not be the end for RIM but it will certainly make their phones sell less cause i know people who sold their BB and went android or iphone only to run and get another cheap BB a short while after cause they couldnt live without BBM, so i think this move will make people feel a bit more comfortable in switching since they will still have the option of using BBM.......just hope they have an option to import contacts or smn
    Quote Originally Posted by VRTECJA View Post
    You know i say google was crazy when they released google now for ios, but android has some many other good features, why would blackberry do this, when that is their only "good" feature crazy just crazy.
    BB don't have a choice as their phones lack so much functionality due to them still trying to develop RIM to new standards and not doing it fast enough to keep up with the competition. They will still have their (fans) buying their phones, especially now that it should be way cheaper.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Best move they could have made, been saying since last year that the Z SERIES will not save BB but you guys thought i was joking only jamaicans fail to see that blackberry is dead, now i will make another prediction they will keep the name and use android OS from now on or sell to another company that's what i am seeing happening in the near future
    Last edited by theseeker; May 14, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

jomo Guest

I meant bbm on bb10...

Whatsapp is actually much better

So bbm on bb10 is actually nothing special....

In fact nothing really is special

So bb IS dead

But at least they sharing bbm before they bury