Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Products Moving to Subscription Only Model

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Dark times are ahead for pirates I don't blame Adobe...everyone has a right to protect their investment.
    lol i think alot of people will continue to use their old version + pirates will stop at nothing to get the new versions.... im just thankful its such a popular franchise so it'l get the attention needed from the right people

I see this being a major problem for schools at some point unless they create a version that is not subscription based. Every PC in my school has CS6 Master Collection installed, I don't see them paying a monthly fee just to keep all these computers licensed and up to date.

I actually don't have an issue with subscriptions - depending on the price. For example - if MS decided to go subscription and said like USD$30 per PC per year to keep up to date then you pay USD$60 and stay at the version you're at then fine. My issue is that they (Adobe here) have a HUGE customer base and still charging that much per year.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    lol i think alot of people will continue to use their old version + pirates will stop at nothing to get the new versions.... im just thankful its such a popular franchise so it'l get the attention needed from the right people
    "Said the young Pirate." DWL!
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

And this comes to mind.

Depending on the customer service some people may not mind. I have a more deepened dislike for MS since they shafted me on a purchase, but that at another time.

Adobe needs to do better in this. Maybe they going have a special site license for schools now per year.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

guess we will see what they do for schools... good thing I was able to get a copy from my school of CS 6 so I am sticking with that.

They say they are "listening".

Photoshop & Creative Cloud: We’re Listening

On May 6th, Adobe introduced a substantial change to the way we sell our traditional desktop products. The feedback on this change has been diverse and plentiful. Please understand that we’ve been working hard to digest all of the comments you’ve provided and we’re working hard to understand how we can address your concerns while still maintaining our focus on the future of creative software. A few of the key concerns revolve around the following topics outlined in the Creative Cloud Team blog post:

• File access. Customers want to be sure that, if their membership to Creative Cloud lapses, they will still have access to their files. With regards to file access, Adobe completely agrees that customers should have access to their files if they choose to stop their Creative Cloud membership. Our job is to delight our customers with innovation, but there are a number of options open to us here and we expect to have news around this issue shortly.
    • Photographers, particularly photo-enthusiasts, are looking for a more tailored offering that focuses on their particular needs.
    • Some customers are not convinced that Creative Cloud is right for them and would rather continue to purchase desktop applications as before.

Read more: http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotc...listening.html
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Some customers are not convinced that Creative Cloud is right for them and would rather continue to purchase desktop applications as before.

Is the main thing

The company with the BEST model - which I can't stop saying - is Alcohol-Soft. You either pay for a one-time license or a lifetime license. Once you've paid for your license you can move it between machines AT ANY TIME. Only thing is you have to log in to their site and change the key from one machine to another to move the license around, but this can be done AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES. After purchase you can also buy another activation license for like half the price, which makes the usage of a single key on multiple machines possible.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    The company with the BEST model - which I can't stop saying - is Alcohol-Soft. You either pay for a one-time license or a lifetime license. Once you've paid for your license you can move it between machines AT ANY TIME. Only thing is you have to log in to their site and change the key from one machine to another to move the license around, but this can be done AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES. After purchase you can also buy another activation license for like half the price, which makes the usage of a single key on multiple machines possible.
    Didn't know this is how they do it. That's a really great model for the customer
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64