Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'World's fastest' home internet service hits Japan, 2 Gbps down

I think we're being a little unfair here. Yeah Jamaica is behind in a lot of things. But we're also AHEAD in certain areas as well. The broadband speeds we have through Flow and even LIME are faster than a lot of supposed First World Nations.

I've had people come here from the states and be amazed at how fast our internet is especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan View Post
    I think we're being a little unfair here. Yeah Jamaica is behind in a lot of things. But we're also AHEAD in certain areas as well. The broadband speeds we have through Flow and even LIME are faster than a lot of supposed First World Nations.

I've had people come here from the states and be amazed at how fast our internet is especially for the price.
    Exactly there are some places in the Great US of A that still have dial up or no internet at all. Even major areas barely have broadband. As it relates to this speed in Japan I wonder if they really use it.

I just to not see the average Japanese being a bandwidth Hog. And seeing it is a Sony sponsored pipe I doubt tormenting will be tolerated much.

If wish some one could tell us the surfing habits of the Japanese why they would need to offer such a big pipe.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    What is 10Mbps to a average internet savvy household?
    I think i use half of that in just corresponding through emails with clients on a daily basis. What about Hulu, Netflix, uTorrent, Mediafire? I gots to keep up with my Game of Thrones episodes

-off topic- BTW the crutch that Jamaica(ns) use to say we are a 3rd world country doesn't really cut it, after WWII, Japan wasn't on any 3-2-1 scale. At the rate they develop, if there wasn't any WWII, they probably would have colonized the moon by now... while we still searching for low income housing solutions. -off topic-
    How many persons here willing to shell out $10,000 for 100Mb per month? How much do you think it would cost us for 10x that. There are many many places that have crazy bandwidth such as Romania, Korea, etc. and there is no way you can compare Japan to Jamaica, even with them being affected by the world war.

Is full time now ppl stop talk crap bout 1st world vs 3rd world, its a lame duck argument right now . As i've said several times before internet prices in Jamaica are to expensive even tho its regarded as fairly cheap. Am i the only person who realises that the cost of a 2Gbps connection is $51 per month? That works out to about $5,000 per month for us at current exchange rates while Flow is charging $10,955 for a 100Mbps connection
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Why are you guys surprised japan is only second tech wise to america and not by far

Quote Originally Posted by Drugis View Post
    Why are you guys surprised japan is only second tech wise to america and not by far
    Japan has been ahead of America for a long time technology wise. Not only Japan but some other countries in Europe and Asia.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Listen I don't care! I am still SNAILING on Digicel's messed up Home 4G (for my area)! I can't stand visiting family in the US and have to come back home! ARGHHH.

And this article gave me a headache...sigh...Jamaica...wasted.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Listen I don't care! I am still SNAILING on Digicel's messed up Home 4G (for my area)! I can't stand visiting family in the US and have to come back home! ARGHHH.

And this article gave me a headache...sigh...Jamaica...wasted.
    Paree, when mi read mi feel like seh somebody kick mi... especially when mi si YouTube a buffer fi a 1:08s video @ 360P
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugis View Post
    WRONG....

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Japan has been ahead of America for a long time technology wise. Not only Japan but some other countries in Europe and Asia.
    Correctomundo

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Paree, when mi read mi feel like seh somebody kick mi... especially when mi si YouTube a buffer fi a 1:08s video @ 360P
    Don't even remind me about BUFFERING Youtube videos in 2013. To be fair though the 4G on my smartphone performs MUCH better than the home service. I've had 8-10MBs consistently. Shame otherwise for the HOME SERVICE.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+