Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'World's fastest' home internet service hits Japan, 2 Gbps down

jamaica is behind about a few light years though,dnt even know when we actually gonna have such speeds

Will we see LIME Jamaica offer something similar to LIME Barbados Browse and Talk customers,where they upgrade existing subscribers from 2mb to 6mb,4mb to 10mb and 8mb to 20mb at no extra cost?

Quote Originally Posted by dehyah View Post
    Will we see LIME Jamaica offer something similar to LIME Barbados Browse and Talk customers,where they upgrade existing subscribers from 2mb to 6mb,4mb to 10mb and 8mb to 20mb at no extra cost?
    i dont think LIME will ever offer such upgrades in Jamaica. For some reason they threat their customers in other territories better than Jamaicans. Its like they are better customers, or more loyal customers or their money is more acceptable than ours.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

It's because Jamaicans will pay for the sub-standard service and not ask why.

@ GWEEZY - Your rig in your sig can play DOOM, but will it play ROTT?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    i dont think LIME will ever offer such upgrades in Jamaica. For some reason they threat their customers in other territories better than Jamaicans. Its like they are better customers, or more loyal customers or their money is more acceptable than ours.
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post

Also they know they don't have a major competitor on an island-wide scale as well

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post

@ GWEEZY - Your rig in your sig can play DOOM, but will it play ROTT?
    When you cant do any better you have to just grin and bear it. Or do without.

Also i am planning on upgrading to a 64MB nVIDIA GeForce4 MX440, do think that will play ROTT?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

The only reason that Jamaica will not reach those speeds soon is because we have poor customer service from the people we employ directly and that is the Government of Jamaica. Other Governments offer better customer service and hence they reap the benefits...weather they are third world are not. I agree with what Khat says about we would need some one like Castro or some sort of revolution to set things right.

Quote Originally Posted by dehyah View Post
    C&W cannot offer wide scale upgrades or bandwidth without re-running a lot of their copper wires unfortunately.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I wonder when they start to roll out LTE we will get increase ADSL speed at no cost.By the way,can LIME really afford at least US $45 millions to buy the 700 Mhz spectrum LTE and then roll out island coverage in 5 years?They fail big time with their 3.5G service because the signal is still poor even with their so call network upgrade.

Interesting comments made by Lindsworth Deer http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjama...ce-to.html?m=1
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts