Thread: .Net programming in c++

Default .Net programming in c++

how does one get started creating .Net apps using c++ and does anyone know any good tutorials out there that can help in the process?

The actual visual studio has MANY articles, guides and how tos built right in . Install express and give it a try
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

better to just go hard and done. Use C# you life will be much better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    better to just go hard and done. Use C# you life will be much better in the long run.
    thanks i guess i might have to try that

From my expirence with M$ hacks its best to just go with thier recommended setup instead of trying to work in the environment that you are most familiar because there care very little about supporting external platforms. I mean its not impossible to make the hook in but you'll be wasting alot of time trying to figure out why a small bug is not working. I think there maybe a visual C++ for .NET where you can code in C++ but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by owen; Apr 13, 2013 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    From my expirence with M$ hacks its best to just go with thier recommended setup instead of trying to work in the environment that you are most familiar because there care very little about supporting external platforms. I mean its not impossible to make the hook in but you'll be wasting alot of time trying to figure out why a small bug is not working. I think there maybe a visual C++ for .NET where you can code in C++ but I'm not sure.
    I would not call C++/CLI a hack or an external platform. The technology Microsoft invented for writing .Net apps in C++ is called "C++/CLI". I call it technology because I don't know whether to call it a new programming language or just an extension of C++. Anyway, I said all that so I could say, Google "C++/CLI" and you will find all the information you could possible want.

@Glenford, for tutorials Google "C++/CLI tutorial".

The first link you will find is this one:

Quick C++/CLI - Learn C++/CLI in less than 10 minutes