Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The HTC ONE Review Anand

Default The HTC ONE Review Anand

It is nearly impossible to begin to review the HTC One without some context, and I’ll begin our review of the HTC One (formerly the device known as codename M7) much the same way I did my impressions piece simply by stating that HTC is in an interesting position as a result of last year’s product cycle. If there’s one thing Anand has really driven home for me in my time writing for AnandTech, it’s that in the fast-paced mobile industry, a silicon vendor or OEM really only has to miss one product cycle in a very bad way to get into a very difficult position. The reality of things is that for HTC with this last product cycle there were products with solid industrial design and specs for the most part, but not the right wins with mobile operators in the United States, and not the right marketing message abroad. It’s easy to armchair the previous product cycle now that we have a year of perspective, but that’s the reality of things. HTC now needs a winner more than ever.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Here is a review that praise the HTC ONe in every area.

NOTE II still doign well in the cpu area

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I tested the HTC One using a USB-OTG adapter I bought a while back, and can report that it does work with USB mass storage devices, keyboards, mice, and even hubs.
    GSMarena need to stop misleading people.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

the button configuration on the phone is rather weird
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    GSMarena need to stop misleading people.
    "Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct." In their defense
    Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz, 4GB ram

Blu Life One 4G LTE (stock for now)

Lol. Yeah I realise GSMArena sometimes has missing features not listed for the phones or they are not 100% accurate as you said their disclaimer stated.

Anyways I got the HTC One X+ version and the first thing that made my day with it was the quick boot feature which booted up the phone in less than 10 seconds . The next thing I noticed(which should be the first but I noticed this after) was how comfortable it felt in my hands. The back is soft like and has a none slippery surface, so it won't fall out of my hands so easily. Right away I tested the sound quality and I must say it's superb and when the headphone is plugged in and 'beats audio' enabled it's one of the clearest audio I've ever heard from a multimedia device to date.

HTC Sense is such a convenient feature with the ability to have multiple homescreens with different settings is just plain awesome.

Youtube videos in HD play like a dream and those 3D games (eg. Dead Space) just surprised me how crisp it looks and plays on this phone. It's like a PSP HD in a phone.

The keyboard is very easy and responsive on the phone and the default browser on the phone is even faster than my desktop one even with flash enabled.

Only fault I find so far as with most people who review this phone is the battery life, but so far I have tested it with about 30 mins of hardcore gaming and video watching and browsing, etc and when I checked the time on battery when it had 20% life remaining it was almost 9hrs and that was before I saw the power saver feature.

Heck 6 hrs of continuous use before I really need to charge is more than enough for me so I'm happy with my HTC One X+, it gets the job done.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Lol. Yeah I realise GSMArena sometimes has missing features not listed for the phones or they are not 100% accurate as you said their disclaimer stated.

Anyways I got the HTC One X+ version and the first thing that made my day with it was the quick boot feature which booted up the phone in less than 10 seconds . The next thing I noticed(which should be the first but I noticed this after) was how comfortable it felt in my hands. The back is soft like and has a none slippery surface, so it won't fall out of my hands so easily. Right away I tested the sound quality and I must say it's superb and when the headphone is plugged in and 'beats audio' enabled it's one of the clearest audio I've ever heard from a multimedia device to date.

HTC Sense is such a convenient feature with the ability to have multiple homescreens with different settings is just plain awesome.

Youtube videos in HD play like a dream and those 3D games (eg. Dead Space) just surprised me how crisp it looks and plays on this phone. It's like a PSP HD in a phone.

The keyboard is very easy and responsive on the phone and the default browser on the phone is even faster than my desktop one even with flash enabled.

Only fault I find so far as with most people who review this phone is the battery life, but so far I have tested it with about 30 mins of hardcore gaming and video watching and browsing, etc and when I checked the time on battery when it had 20% life remaining it was almost 9hrs and that was before I saw the power saver feature.

Heck 6 hrs of continuous use before I really need to charge is more than enough for me so I'm happy with my HTC One X+, it gets the job done.
    Go make your own thread. This is for the HTC One.

All android phones have multiple home screen.

What do you call continuous use. Cause I know there is no way you can get 6hrs of continuous use.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

What do you call continuous use. Cause I know there is no way you can get 6hrs of continuous use.
    lol tell him check the screen on time cause thats really what counts

AGREED!!!! maybe with the note 3
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Oh my bad, just posted here thinking it was the HTC One's in general.

I already stated that I only used 1 hr worth of gaming and movies and everything else is surfing and listening music.

How do you know I didn't get more than 6 hrs hardcore use out of this phone? Do you have one?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow