Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Copy.com FREE 5gb Online Storage (Dropbox Alternative)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Same ting to Rhatid. Why not someone just start a comprehensive thread listing all the free cloud services and the storage given. Because from my check I am already using over 8 such services.. Now hear a next one here name Mega Wth!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13,181
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Yea I know man. Cloud is the future of storage. Don't know why though I trust Dropbox more than all the rest and GoogleDrive as well. But I just don't like the idea of my personal Content on some remote server. Dang man my private porn collection could mistakenly become public. Just saying be careful what you put in the cloud.
    Dats my main concern to. One day yuh hear in di news seh hackers hacked into your favorite cloud service and uploaded all the files unto piratebay for public access.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

    Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2009

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,830
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Yea I know man. Cloud is the future of storage. Don't know why though I trust Dropbox more than all the rest and GoogleDrive as well. But I just don't like the idea of my personal Content on some remote server. Dang man my private porn collection could mistakenly become public. Just saying be careful what you put in the cloud.
    Yup... same here. I use my cloud storage to keep school notes and papers + apks for my phone and to backup my photos from my mobile devices.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruption View Post
    Why not use Mega?? 50GB free online storage!!!
    I already have one, don't use it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Same ting to Rhatid. Why not someone just start a comprehensive thread listing all the free cloud services and the storage given. Because from my check I am already using over 8 such services.. Now hear a next one here name Mega Wth!
    Will do so later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Dats my main concern to. One day yuh hear in di news seh hackers hacked into your favorite cloud service and uploaded all the files unto piratebay for public access.
    Thats why you encrypt your stuff before uploading them to the cloud... True-crypt or MyWinlocker (free on Acer PCS, but you can move the installation files to ANY PC)


    As of current i pro have >500GB of online storage form various hosters but dont use it much as I still don't trust cloud storage.

    Hence why i prefer direct peer to peer using now dead Live mesh and AeroFS
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Apr 3, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
    CLICK-> Online Gamer Tags ** Job - Senior Dynamics 365 Consultant ** CLICK-> Surface Pro 4 128GB || DESKTOP-> IF THE TRUTH HURTS CLOSE THE THREAD
    If being a nerd means I make more money than you by just walking into a room, while still having a wife and social life... then it SUCKS To Be YOU !

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I could never understand people's privacy concerns... i mean come on now think about it you really have 5 GB worth of data you really don't want anyone the net to see? personally i have only about 2 videos and 15 pictures that i would want to keep private. All can fit on my 512 memory stick(encrypted). All my cloud uploads are mostly "things" found on the web so i don't see the big deal about privacy but that just me!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I could never understand people's privacy concerns... i mean come on now think about it you really have 5 GB worth of data you really don't want anyone the net to see? personally i have only about 2 videos and 15 pictures that i would want to keep private. All can fit on my 512 memory stick(encrypted). All my cloud uploads are mostly "things" found on the web so i don't see the big deal about privacy but that just me!
    I star in nuff movie that's why DWL!!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,830
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I star in nuff movie that's why DWL!!
    dwl... you gwaan Cultus you deh pan d tape
    CLICK-> Online Gamer Tags ** Job - Senior Dynamics 365 Consultant ** CLICK-> Surface Pro 4 128GB || DESKTOP-> IF THE TRUTH HURTS CLOSE THE THREAD
    If being a nerd means I make more money than you by just walking into a room, while still having a wife and social life... then it SUCKS To Be YOU !

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What is the appeal of cloud services outside of business/work use?

    Why not purchase a SSD for backup instead of a yearly fee? These guys sure know how to make money, kudos to them.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,830
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    What is the appeal of cloud services outside of business/work use?

    Why not purchase a SSD for backup instead of a yearly fee? These guys sure know how to make money, kudos to them.
    As with a local backup, its much more susceptible to loss by theft, fire, water, loss etc

    Cloud backup not so much, as the data is stored on multiple servers across multiple locations. Plus a local back is limited in its ability to be synced across multiple devices at once
    CLICK-> Online Gamer Tags ** Job - Senior Dynamics 365 Consultant ** CLICK-> Surface Pro 4 128GB || DESKTOP-> IF THE TRUTH HURTS CLOSE THE THREAD
    If being a nerd means I make more money than you by just walking into a room, while still having a wife and social life... then it SUCKS To Be YOU !

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    dwl... you gwaan Cultus you deh pan d tape
    Hahahahahaha no bossy, not dat tape.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Cloud storage is "literally" portable. Your information is available wherever there is an internet connect.
    I dont wish to be walking around the place with an SSD.
    EQUIVALENT ENTERPRISE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •