Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 * Official *

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 * Official *

"Samsung Galaxy S4 to employ 'eye scrolling,' says NYT"

The Samsung Galaxy S4 launches next Thursday, Mar. 14, and the rumor mill is starting to churn. The latest unofficial reports on Samsung's next Android smartphone comes from the New York Times' 'Bits' blog, which claims to have word of a new scrolling technique used by the handset. Apparently the S4 will use eye-tracking technology to automatically scroll through articles --

"The phone will track a user’s eyes to determine where to scroll, said a Samsung employee who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media. For example, when users read articles and their eyes reach the bottom of the page, the software will automatically scroll down to reveal the next paragraphs of text."

Samsung Galaxy S4 teaser video has most irritating kid ever

PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

him teeth big tho... i guess we have 10 days to wait then
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

the s4 haffi come good in order to outshine that htc one
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

guess i'm really gonna hold off on that S3, for a couple of weeks.........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

RubberBand Man Guest

At what point does the consumer lose interest in these devices...

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand Man View Post
    At what point does the consumer lose interest in these devices...
    You just have to know which device is worth the spend and which is not. Not every device is a worthy upgrade. Just look at the iPhones DWL!. I've lost interest in hardware upgrades since the SIII. Now they coming with 8 cores of processing power means nothing to me, I barely used the 2 cores in my SII, worst the 4 cores I presently have are going to waste. 10+ MP cameras means nothing to me. All my pics are still taken at 3 MP which makes them easy to email. Mega Pixels means nothing anymore. All these superficial gimmicks will only appeal to those who are equally superficial. I look for innovation mainly through software now. I look for software features that take advantage of the hardware making my user experience all the better. The only reason why I am going to get the Note 3 when it's out is for the Big 1080p Screen, hopefully Sammy makes it even bigger this should make my reading experience all the better. I don't give a rats rump about anything else. I just see everything else a fringe benefits. I have lost interest in the Galaxy S Series only because the Note offers me a bigger screen, but had it not been for the Note I would still have my SII as my primary phone, skip the SIII and get the SIV. I believe the SIV is going to be worth every penny coming from an SII and even the SIII. If money is not a factor I would advise any Techie to hold off on buying the SIII. The SIV is going to be a KILLER Device.

Galaxy S4 Specs: All But Official

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_iv_...-news-5641.php

Samsung's upcoming flagship will sport an Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chipset with a CPU running at 1.8GHz, 2GB of RAM and a PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU. Previously the Galaxy S IV was rumored to sport the Exynos 5 Octa 5450 chipset rather than 5410. Still, the four Cortex-A15 cores combined with four Cortex-A7's are sure to be a pretty capable combo.
    Additionally, the AnTuTu testing also confirms a 4.99" screen of Full HD resolution, providing a pixel density of 441 ppi. Android 4.2 is what the Galaxy S IV will run on out of box.
    Interestingly, the scoresheet confirms that the Exynos Octa chip on the Galaxy S IV supports GSM, WCDMA as well as LTE networks. This refutes the rumor that Samsung will launch the phone in two versions with different chipsets.
    Meanwhile another piece of Galaxy S IV gossip comes from Eldar Murtazin, who says that the device is going to be built from plastic. Mind you, he also claimed that the S III is going to sport a 12MP camera, and that he has personally played with it. We all know how facts turned out to be in the end.
    Lastly, according to the benchmark's report, the camera of the Galaxy S IV is going to be 13MP, breaking Samsung's habit of using 8MP sensors in its high-end devices (Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II).
    The Samsung Unpacked event is going to take place in New York on March 14. We're sure it will be quite the show and naturally we'll be covering it live, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by ramesh; Mar 5, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

4.99inch screen 10880p Full HD, any rumour on the battery capacity?
    Seems like a nice middle ground in between the Note and S series. This phone is going to do well.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    4.99inch screen 10880p Full HD, any rumour on the battery capacity?
    Seems like a nice middle ground in between the Note and S series. This phone is going to do well.
    It would do well even if it had worse specs. People still buying the s3 even tho better is out there. Most consumers not aware, they buy name.

Samsung is doing well putting out the newer hardware before the other companies. That will keep them in the hype. I'm assuming that is why their galaxy series got popular
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by semitop View Post
    People still buying the s3 even tho better is out there.
    ...enlighten me: like what? At the time of the SGS3's official release, I can't recall any other device with matching specs (at that time).
    I buy Samsung because I know I'll still get ROM support 2 years down the road with new features. If I can't afford anything from Samsung, then I'd look towards HTC.
    My current buying choices are also based on being able to maintain high resale value as I don't tend to keep my devices for too long before the warranty expires.
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Mar 5, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    ...enlighten me: like what? At the time of the SGS3's official release, I can't recall any other device with matching specs (at that time).
    I buy Samsung because I know I'll still get ROM support 2 years down the road with new features. If I can't afford anything from Samsung, then I'd look towards HTC.
    My current buying choices are also based on being able to maintain high resale value as I don't tend to keep my devices for too long before the warranty expires.
    I said "People still buying the s3 even tho better is out there" and I also said putting out the hardware earlier than the competitors keeps them in the hype. That hype maintains your resale value and ROM support. The S3 definitely has competition now, but all most people seem to know is S3 or iphone.

Similarly there won't be matching hardware at the s4 release (not sure why, though samsung being a supplier to the manufacturers might be to their benefit). After the s4 release there will be matching hardware that is better looking and maybe better performing, but all people will know is "S4". Doesn't even matter if they make it look like a Chinese knockoff again.

actually, based on those specs, you can almost be certain the hardware that comes after it will be better. The GPU for one is already or right on the border of being outdated (assuming there is only one in there). The RAM is just reaching what other phones have been using (2GB), the camera specs are expected, the resolution is now typical of higher end etc etc. Soon after its release it will be matched by some other company. Qualcomm snapdragon processors and GPU will likely be better and I'd guess they will make an s4 using those parts (but maybe not the cutting edge versions).

They will have to win with features and first to market hype.
    Last edited by semitop; Mar 5, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo