Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major fault for Windows 8+Gaming

Default Major fault for Windows 8+Gaming

I thought windows 8 was great until i tried to skype and play LoL last night, major fail, every time i alt+tab to play the call went out, but whenever i brought the call back up on the main screen it worked, what kinda crap is that, I will be un-installing and going back to windows 7 until further notice, major fail for windows 8,
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP5 TH|CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K|RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz|GPU: Gigabyte HD7950|Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER|PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W|Display: Westinghouse 22" - 1680x1050|Mouse: Logitech G700|Keyboard: Logitech G510

which version of skype were u sing? Desktop or Metro?

metro....i never even knew they had different versions...
    Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP5 TH|CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K|RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz|GPU: Gigabyte HD7950|Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER|PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W|Display: Westinghouse 22" - 1680x1050|Mouse: Logitech G700|Keyboard: Logitech G510

http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

or

http://www.skype.com/en/download-sky...-for-computer/

Yea most apps dealing with Windows 8 have a metro app and a desktop app (Windows Desktop Version).

mad, so the desktop app will run as it should then? can run it in the background without any problems?

next question, any idea how to get GTA4 to run properly, ran perfect under windows 7 but since windows 8 it just crashes every time....

Quote Originally Posted by davaughe View Post
    mad, so the desktop app will run as it should then? can run it in the background without any problems?

next question, any idea how to get GTA4 to run properly, ran perfect under windows 7 but since windows 8 it just crashes every time....
    All you need to do is install a newer version of gfwl
    http://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/11928-ho...tgra_attempt=1
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

yea skype will work as it did on windows 7.

ok, so the skype works, have not tried the solution to my GTA4 issue as yet, will let you all know the results of that in due time, but for now windows 8 stays on the machine.....for now.....

Default Major fault for Windows 8+Gaming

I will be un-installing and going back to windows 7 until further notice, major fail for windows 8,
    I find it un-acceptable that you would have reverted to Windows7 due to the inconvenience of not having the functionality on an insignificant app like Skype (without even first troubleshooting the problem).

The title for this thread is misleading as it's not a "fault" in the conventional sense. This is at bet a "bug" invoked while doing an ALT+TAB and this issue doesn't just affect gaming.

I have Windows8 installed on my experimental laptop, and as such I'm yet to experience that problem
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I find it un-acceptable that you would have reverted to Windows7 due to the inconvenience of not having the functionality on an insignificant app like Skype (without even first troubleshooting the problem).

The title for this thread is misleading as it's not a "fault" in the conventional sense. This is at bet a "bug" invoked while doing an ALT+TAB and this issue doesn't just affect gaming.

I have Windows8 installed on my experimental laptop, and as such I'm yet to experience that problem

umm, have u tried using skype metro? so far its the only metro app i have encountered which fails to function properly when running in the background. Furthermore please refrain from referring to an app as insignificant simply because you fail to recognize its importance to others, as gaming and using skype was not the only issue i encountered, fact is once alt tabbed it stopped functioning, given the fact that a major selling point for windows 8 was "metro" one would think that if a "metro" app fails to function then the OS somewhat loses its luster. Visually impressive, yes it is, however i value functionality over looks any day and a fault by any other name is still a fault. The fact that the easy download and installation of apps via windows store is negated when the app fails to function is a fault and until fixed it will remain as such. You say you find my actions unacceptable due to the fact that i did not trouble shoot enough, but what about microsoft getting it right the first time instead of releasing an OS they knew was not ready but instead using the very consumers as "paying" guinea pigs, seeing fit to only fix an issue with this incomplete OS when they get enough reports about a particular problem. If skype were a third party app i would not be blaming microsoft, but for crying out loud u built the app and the OS at least make sure they function properly together...