Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weird Experience at SHIPME

Oh ok ...
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Ok I've spoken out against shipme in this thread based on opinions of others.

I have personally used their services several times now and they weren't bad.....pretty good actually. They are certainly cheaper than Mailpac in my opinion.

I only had one problem - my ps4 that cost $450 (shipping and taxes from BestBuy) cost me $28,000. This fee they say was imposed by customs.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaptor View Post
    Ok I've spoken out against shipme in this thread based on opinions of others.

I have personally used their services several times now and they weren't bad.....pretty good actually. They are certainly cheaper than Mailpac in my opinion.

I only had one problem - my ps4 that cost $450 (shipping and taxes from BestBuy) cost me $28,000. This fee they say was imposed by customs.
    if you want, they could show you the form from customs showing the breakdown of the fees imposed..

i have no doubt that 28k was imposed by them...what were you even thinking trying to ship down a ps4? lol.. of course customs would have a field day with you.

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post
    if you want, they could show you the form from customs showing the breakdown of the fees imposed..

i have no doubt that 28k was imposed by them...what were you even thinking trying to ship down a ps4? lol.. of course customs would have a field day with you.
    Yeah that's the sad thing about our system.

As it relates to the PS4 tho - no regrets. Won't be able to upgrade the HDD for a while after that bill
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Just a warning to you all who have never used any of these services. You HAVE to be careful of what they call "dimensional weight" and it has been explained a bit previously but I'll do it again as I've fallen prey to it already. The shipping companies will always give you the cost for whatever is bigger, actual or dimensional weight. When they are bringing in items they have limited space constraints, so (being ridiculous here) if i wanted to bring in 10lbs of styrafoam peanuts that doesn't weigh much at all, but the amount of space 10lbs of styrafoam peanuts takes up is a lot, which is space they could be using to bring in other orders for other people. That;s why they invented "dimentional weight" to account for revenue lost due to space constraints. Some places differ but dimentional weight is calculated with the formula (L x W x H)/194

So if you're bringing in something that doesn't weigh much, but takes up a lot of space you can use that formula to get an idea of the weight you will be truly paying for so you won't get a shock to the system.

My personal experience with both shipme and Mailpac, is that I prefer shipme.
    They are cheaper and in my opinion, they are faster. I've been using them for almost a year now and I have no regrets. I have not paid my mailpac membership fee, so you know what that means.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.!!!

i have no problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post

It's crazy. In a country where basically everything has to be imported, the costs shouldn't be that high - especially when bringing in goods that aren't produced locally. The government is all for itself, not a care in the world for the improvement in standard of living for its people.
    Moto G (2014) | 5.0.2

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...arge-or-Glitch!

Such a shame this thread got locked due to religious belief. I don't remember a "fuel" charge when I used them. I tried to check my account online but they've deactivated it due to non payment of membership fee.

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...arge-or-Glitch!

Such a shame this thread got locked due to religious belief. I don't remember a "fuel" charge when I used them. I tried to check my account online but they've deactivated it due to non payment of membership fee.
    MailPack feeling the pressure of loss of clients due to the more attractive rates offered by ShipMe has opt to remove it's yearly membership fees. That said, for the past few months I've been using ShipMe considering MailPack's poor customer service. So far no complaints.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)