Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: torrenting on Lime Mobile Internet

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am sure u wouldn;t want restriction it the system like how lime doing it , is not like lime giving those who in there 3g area free service , from u paying for it the restriction should be remove or atleast no so strict .

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    I am sure u wouldn;t want restriction it the system like how lime doing it , is not like lime giving those who in there 3g area free service , from u paying for it the restriction should be remove or atleast no so strict .
    For regular browsing, you have one connection open. When you torrent, you open about 50 connections per torrent. So imagine 10 people torrenting 3 files each, thats not 10 open connections, thats about 1500 open connections on the network. You do the math and you will see why they restrict stuff like this on a mobile network.
    Google Nexus 6Pô

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    strange how the other network don't do it on there network that has alot more user using all over the country and lime just have there in very few area with no plans to expand outside of those area.
    I see what u mean about 10 person running 3 files max at 50 connection per file.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,245
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    strange how the other network don't do it on there network that has alot more user using all over the country and lime just have there in very few area with no plans to expand outside of those area.
    I see what u mean about 10 person running 3 files max at 50 connection per file.

    many times i tend to see people here complaining about torrenting, torrenting does work with lime mobile but it's how your pc is configured that does the trick, in order to download something, you must also receive acknowledgment packets back (ACKs), the added upload bandwidth will cause packet loss and very high ping times, hence your internet goes on hault, its a simple fix, just restrict your upload speed to 2kB/s and set your download to infinite(so your basically just downloading not seeding), if this is not done then lime will auto detect the seeding and shut you down, as long as you stay in a certain bandwidth range your good to go.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,830
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    many times i tend to see people here complaining about torrenting, torrenting does work with lime mobile but it's how your pc is configured that does the trick, in order to download something, you must also receive acknowledgment packets back (ACKs), the added upload bandwidth will cause packet loss and very high ping times, hence your internet goes on hault, its a simple fix, just restrict your upload speed to 2kB/s and set your download to infinite(so your basically just downloading not seeding), if this is not done then lime will auto detect the seeding and shut you down, as long as you stay in a certain bandwidth range your good to go.

    that fix only works for public torrent sites, as if you do that on private sites they will delete your account for not seeding. Best configuration is to set it 80% Download and 10% upload.

    Never had an issue with Lime though..
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Mar 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
    CLICK-> Online Gamer Tags ** Job - Senior Dynamics 365 Consultant ** CLICK-> Surface Pro 4 128GB || DESKTOP-> IF THE TRUTH HURTS CLOSE THE THREAD
    If being a nerd means I make more money than you by just walking into a room, while still having a wife and social life... then it SUCKS To Be YOU !

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,245
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    that fix only works for public torrent sites, as if you do that on private sites they will delete your account for not seeding. Best configuration is to set it 80% Download and 10% upload.

    Never had an issue with Lime though..
    that's why i said put it at 2kB/s(upload), could be a bit faster but knowing how lime damn slow lol, i'm aware of private torrent sites and know how they work
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have tried all that and still nothing, The service is just crap and since I am paying "My MONEY" I will just go over to the other network, besides I use the net more than how I make calls so their calling rates is no biggie. Only for lime my other phones are not tri or quad band so they just lost another customer, after all this is just business, sink or swim.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •