Thread: Java fx

Thumbs up Java fx

Seems the release of Java FX has shaken things up a bit for WPF (Widnows Platform Foundation / Visual Studio) , Before version 2.0 of JavaFX, developers used a statically typed, declarative language called JavaFX Script to build JavaFX applications. Because JavaFX Script was compiled to Java bytecode, programmers could also use Java code instead. JavaFX applications could run on any desktop, browser, or mobile phone that could run Java ME.

However, JavaFX 2.0 and later is now implemented as a native Java library and therefore applications using JavaFX are written in native Java code. JavaFX Script has been scrapped by Oracle, but development is being continued in the Visage project.[2] JavaFX 2.x does not support the Solaris operating system or mobile phones; however as Oracle plans to integrate JavaFX to Java SE embedded 8, Java FX for ARM processors is currently in developer preview phase.

On desktops, the current release supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.[4] Beginning with JavaFX 1.2, Oracle has released beta versions for OpenSolaris.[5] On mobile, JavaFX Mobile 1.x is capable of running on multiple mobile operating systems, including Symbian OS, Windows Mobile, and proprietary real-time operating systems.

Been using since released the 2nd of this month smooth & and VERY VERY efficient if you ask me.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300) - Digicel

JavaFx has shaken things up but .Net is still more popular than Java. Also, even, WinForms is more popular than JavaFx. Where's Java in JAmaica?