Thread: Juniper Junos

Default Juniper Junos

Is anyone on techjam using Juniper Devices? I've been working with them now for 3 months now i must say the OS has won me over.. I don't even want to touch our Cisco equipment any longer.

* The CLI is more structured than cisco (Modular Approach)
    * You get almost twice the specification for half the price of an equivalent cisco device.
    * The OS has far more features than Cisco IOS.. (now cisco is "stealing" some of Junos features)

If you try Junos you will never go back.. however, i must say that Cisco techsupport is much better.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

i am interested in learning about it pm some more on it
    computer cell phone sales services and repairs 24/7 technician
    ldougharty@yahoo.com add to msn or yahoo messenger
    twitter @hotheadzo
    4382112 digicel

Yes Duster, I must agree with you. I just did the JNCIA Junos exam and passed and I am now preparing for the JNCIS Enterprise routing and switching exam. It is really well designed and has a lot more features than cisco in my opinion.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.!!!

I used to use some Netcreen's from ten years ago, before Juniper bought them. Excellent. Juniper realised, and kept developing on it.

Yea, I currently have a Netscreen ISG2000 in my company network. Very nice to work with and stable.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.!!!