Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Server Pages Projects

igodit Guest

Default Active Server Pages Projects

What's the latest Active Server Pages project have you worked on lately?
    Well I'll give a bit of info about the one I'm working on for my company. I'm doing this project long with another developer, very talented and dedicated person.

Operating on Windows 2003 Server RC1 (evaluation) with IIS and SQL 2000 Developers Edition we designed a web application that collects production data. It features production variancy, requisiton of commodities, product standards, loss and opening and closing balances (based on inventory).

All the data is specific to a plant, shift, date/time, prouct and person enteringthe data. There is a reporting module that is being implemented using Crystal Reports.

I'll post screenshots of the application later.

Default Re:Active Server Pages Projects

I remembers ASP, those where the good days. Are you using the normal ASP or are you going .NET? I remember I had some problems with crystal 7 still, bug software that is, yes. Got it to work though but I don't fancy it much.

igodit Guest

Just using ASP, not using ASP.NET yet. Well the Crystal Reports we are using is version 9. That has some of the bugs fixed.

igodit Guest

This is a sreenshot of the Production web application I'm working on.

wow! pretty slick. but are you sure you should be letting out com pany se crets online? Anyway it looks really shape, nice work ;D

igodit Guest

Thanks, all that's there is just test data. The other developer is working on the crystal reports features of it. I'm fixing up the look and feel of it. I'll post more screeshots of the complete application later on.

I should be presenting it next week to the board.

There is this other application that I want to start working using the core design of a message board and the COM Object. When I start that I'll show it up.

;D es i'm a stickler ;D

it's Requisition .. not requition ..

and Quantity not Quanity ..... ;D

Look sweet still .. but why not PHP .. everything I've seen on PHP seems to be able to do this w/out locking u into MS stuff... but then.. i aint a programmer so...

igodit Guest

Thanks for the corrections GodKid. I hear the transition from ASP to PHP is not that great a time.
    Why ASP? I know this language already. Work faster in ASP because I know this language already. Hmm.. that's pretty much why. I would love to do some development in PHP later down in the year.

If you have the time, experiment with a parallel implementation using PHP. You might be surprized. If you need help there's lots of PHP peeps to give you feedback.

GodKid | pigeonflight no need to try converting every body in the ASP forum. notice I didn't mention anything about PHP? Asp works best with microsoft applications. It's best to work with asp in this case.