Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: upgrading router help

That's not the name of the router. What you are misreading is the TYPE of router, which is a "wireless N router 802.11n", which is a generic description of most current routers. What we require is the Company name that makes the router and the model number, which is usually at the bottom of the router.
    Wifi BGN

If this is happening at a specific time of day, then it could be some device on the network throwing the router off. What else is connected to the router and how is the router connected to the internet?
    the modem connected to the router box then the router connected to my desktop and my 3 sister laptop are connected to the router.............

Use static ip and specify the dns server which is usually 192.168.xxx.xxx
    how to do that?

This is my router option, do you want 2 see any of the settings? its connected to a flow modem
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts. replaced images with thumbnails.
    GOD BLESS YUTE

BGN - that's three different standards that the router can operate on or is compatible with. The make would be something like LINKSYS / CISCO / NEXXT / BELKIN / D-LINK and the model would be something like WRT54G / DIR600 / AR123467890 etc. etc.

Waiting on the info.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Or, if you can't find the info we asking you for, how about linking us to the page where you got that picture of your router in your first post?
    I went to trait-tech.com and can't find the picture of that router you posted.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it: http://www.trait-tech.com/product/T-...uter-300m.html
    Seems like a generic router from outta china.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 3, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

http://www.trait-tech.com/product/T-...uter-300m.html yes its from china.. i pay 4 it on ebay........... but i had similar problems with my other routers b4 this 1..... NETGEAR, LINKSYS, NEXXT & D-LINK gave me problem also,sometime i will not having a connection and i will have to be doing a reset 3-4 times 4 the week

this was the box it came in

this is what i'm talking about i have to do a reset for the next to come back up
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts. replaced images with thumbnails.
    GOD BLESS YUTE

Hmm strange you having similar issues with other routers. Have you tried putting and alternate DNS in your router besides your ISP?
    on a side note I would not upgrade that firmware until I have additonal information on what it does....seeing that it is a generic brand.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Hmm strange you having similar issues with other routers. Have you tried putting and alternate DNS in your router besides your ISP?
    on a side note I would not upgrade that firmware until I have additonal information on what it does....seeing that it is a generic brand.
    yes i do hv similar probelm... no i never enter a alternate DNS the only ting i do is enter a password on that router thats the only info i enter.......
    GOD BLESS YUTE

OK. You may have try using google's DNS or Open DNS to see if that resolves the issue. You should try as well connecting directly to the modem for a while to see if the issue re-occurs.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

what is google's DNS?? my rouer dnt wantto let me in the options, when i enter the ip address ntn happen n n its not connecting to any page but when i connect my pc to the modem it work.. do you feel that the modem is giving problem... every time i get a new router i get internet problem, i change over 4-5 routers
    GOD BLESS YUTE

Quote Originally Posted by british_2010 View Post
    what is google's DNS??
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Last edited by Arch_Angel; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:04 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts. replaced images with thumbnails.
    GOD BLESS YUTE